Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - FPS Drops

Associate
Since installing the fall creators update I am experiencing periodic frame rate drops - down to 30fps from 120fps. I have no rolled back the update and games are running perfectly again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Man of Honour
They changed the setup with game mode with the fall update - IIRC you can press windows key + G while ingame to configure it - some games might run better with it on or off - you also might want to make sure DVR mode is off, etc.

Associate
OP
They changed the setup with game mode with the fall update - IIRC you can press windows key + G while ingame to configure it - some games might run better with it on or off - you also might want to make sure DVR mode is off, etc.

I'm really don't think a PC with my specs should need to gimp the rest of my OS with game mode! Ah well, nuking my windows install and starting again! Luckily it's only a 2 week old install...

Associate
Is it on rainbow six siege by any chance? i always get sudden frame drops in that game now and then dunno why, its really annoying too when your cruising on 150+fps and then it suddenly falls down to 50-70 for one sec

Associate
Me, too. My HP Omen gaming laptop used to perform beatifully until this update. Now, I can barely turn to look in either direction in a game.

381.65/Creators/gtx 860M/16gb ram/i7

This computer should be kicking ass. Instead, it is a weeping, crawling, invalid. Please fix this

Associate
Sorry to bump this slightly old thread but I'm experiencing the same thing. At first I thought it might be my overclock, reverted back to stock and same issue, I uninstalled nvidia drivers and re-installed and same thing, even turned in-game settings down to minimum and still the same issue.

The worst thing is this was happening in games it shouldn't given my hardware, e.g Fifa with 8700k and 1080Ti lol.

Anyway after doing some research it turns out that the fps drops happen when using an Xbox One controller via bluetooth. Literally my fps will drop into single frames and the controller input lag goes crazy.

I'm curious whether other people with the issue were using the same controller via bluetooth? If so try it with a usb cable and the fps drops go away.

Back
Top Bottom