Fall Update has started to roll out.

Soldato
@nightmare99
I will do that next.
I have to ensure I have all my outlook settings backed up, everything else is fine, just want to make sure i don't lose any outlook stuff.
Someone officy remind me, is it just the psts i need, or another config file as well?

Soldato
I think a full reinstall would have worked, uninstalling was pain as something somewhere had been corrupted, so when i got it all uninstalled, I ended up simply installing Office 2013 as I had a version of it not on any machine currently.
I am a little closer to current, but it'll be a while to get used to all the new features and different ways of doing things.

What was very nice, uninstall 2007, install 2-13, and outlook remembers all the accounts it used to have and automatically updates and uses the old active and archive pst file too.
handy!

Soldato
Right click the .exe you downloaded>Properties and check the details tab for the version number. It should be 16299.15. If you've already downloaded the ISO then you can mount it and check the version of setup.exe in the same way.

Soldato
The media creator downloads a compressed ESD file which is converted to ISO and is around 3GB. The full ISO is around 4.4GB.

(assuming 64bit as anyone on these forums wanting 32bit needs to taken out back and shot :p)

Soldato
marc2003

Thanks for that.

Had a bit of a panic initially, as it seemed to install OK. But then nothing seemed to work properly!!! Poo ahoy me thinks. Took a couple of restarts and then it seemed to sort itself out. At the moment, I can't really see much of interest to me. Maybe changes under the hood (EG. security wise) may have occurred that are always worth having.

Soldato
Does anyone know how I can install the previous Creators Update (build 1703) onto a fresh Win 10 install?

My Razer Blade has been returned from repair, however I can't install the Fall Creators Update on it as it doesn't work on Razer systems yet....

Soldato
I would wait it out to many issues it has been rushed out again.
Will do, plus I have changed this to "Current Branch for Business" so hopefully it wont be appearing anytime soon.

2prcx3l.jpg

Soldato
If anyone had Superfetch and/or Windows Search disabled, may want to check in Services to see if they have been re-enabled with the Fall update (was the case on my system).

Back
Top Bottom