Thor: Ragnarok - Official Teaser Trailer

Caporegime
Sadly thats exactly why they changed Valkyrie, it was done according to the director in order to be "more inclusive". So I expect to see Idris Elba playing Sherlock Holmes and Zac Efron as Black Panther...you know...just in the interests of being more inclusive and all that.

On a more positive note, for someone who is almost 50, Cate Blanchett is looking supremely hot in this :)
I'm sure someone somewhere was criticising Marvel for not having any white Africans in Black Panther.

Man of Honour
I'm really not bothered whether a black or white person plays any a specific character, just as long as its what the character actually is. The idea of taking a character who has existed for decades (or several decades) and changing their race purely to check a box and meet a diversity requirement is utterly abhorrent to me. If its a new character then fair enough, no issue there, hell make a film of all whites or all black characters, if thats how those characters are intended, but taking a character which has been one way for decades and just saying something like hey ho, tell you what...this latest Sherlock Holmes film doesnt have enough Asians in it, we will cast Jackie Chan as Sherlock Holmes so that we meet the quota, thats just unnecessary lunacy at best and a disgusting social and cultural agenda at worst.

Associate
Why not go one step further? All roles should be played by actors who look exactly how the original creator intended them to. I have no time for people who aren't "TRUE PURISTS" when it comes to peoples creations.

Take your antiquated views back to the stone-age mate. None of these characters are real, therefore can be played by anyone.

'disgusting cultural agenda' HAHAHAHA

Man of Honour
Why not go one step further? All roles should be played by actors who look exactly how the original creator intended them to. I have no time for people who aren't "TRUE PURISTS" when it comes to peoples creations.

Take your antiquated views back to the stone-age mate. None of these characters are real, therefore can be played by anyone.

'disgusting cultural agenda' HAHAHAHA

Then we will just have to agree to disagree. I would hate to see Sherlock Holmes being played by a black female, I'd hate to see Beverly Hills Cop being remade with Axel Foley being played by a white guy, I'd hate to see Star Wars A New Hope being remade with a black Luke Skywalker , a male Prince Leia and a white female Lando Calrissian. Call it antiquated if you like, I personally call it staying faithful and respectful to the original artwork, so, rather than simply resort to throwing insults, I will just agree to disagree with you.

Soldato
I'm sure someone somewhere was criticising Marvel for not having any white Africans in Black Panther.

Do you really think that? Because I think anyone that said that in today's climate would instantly be shouted down as being racist. Personally I have no problem with Black Panther being all black, because that makes sense within the story and characters. I do have a problem with turning a blonde nordic Valkyre character into a black character because of a pandering checkbox.

Actors are chosen for the way they look. Chris Hemsworth could not be Thor if he was short and fat. We are not going to see Jack Black playing Thor, and that's okay. If actors are obviously the wrong size, shape, race or sex to play a part, then someone closer to the requirements should get the job. Or write a new part and stop ret-conning the original source material. I'd rather have some respect for the actor and the role by having a new character written for them to make their own, instead of giving them a cast-off white character like crumbs from the table. It's like saying you won't be any good unless we give you a white role to start you off.

Associate
I watched this today and it's up there with the best of of marvels current offerings and it looked fantastic in 3d. Watching it again in 2d so i can compare and maybe in imax if i can get some other people to go for i.

Soldato
It must have been the window lickers annual convention at the screening I was at today because everyone was laughing as if it the was funniest thing ever made. I thought it was a steaming pile of ****.

edit: for reference, I really liked the first 2 films... that's the reason I went to see this. :p

Soldato
Just got back from it. Possibly one of my favourite Marvel films to date.

Quarter of the way through thought there was too much comedy but at least it was actually funny and ended up really enjoying it. Properly entertaining throughout.

Giving it an 8/10 :)

Soldato
Me too 3D Dolby Atmos Xplus screen reclining seats. Possibly the best film I have seen in ages. I knew it was funny but didnt expect it to be executed so well. Fantastic film. Audience were laughing. Spot the cameo's and 2 end credit scenes. Fabulous. Yeah I'd give it an 8/10 too

Caporegime
Just got back, very funny. Didn't go where I expected it too and some pretty big repercussions for the MCU, especially after that ending shot! Loved the little nods to past easter eggs like calling out the gauntlet in Odin's throne room as fake :D

So we assume Loki has the tesseract again now?

Caporegime
It must have been the window lickers annual convention at the screening I was at today because everyone was laughing as if it the was funniest thing ever made. I thought it was a steaming pile of ****.

edit: for reference, I really liked the first 2 films... that's the reason I went to see this. :p

I thought it was very good and very funny. I wish they hadn't given away a few things in the trailer like the Hulk entrance in the arena.

Thor: The Dark World is one of the weakest MCU offerings imo.

Didn't really understand where the rest of the Asguardians were. Previous movies showed a bustling city so I assumed a planet of millions but they saved like...100 people or something. Do we assume they were all murdered or wasn't there really many people on the planet. Thors friends deaths were all a bit quick as well but I understand it was to show how powerful Hela was.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought it was very good and very funny.

It really did not appeal to my sense of humour at all. It reminded me of an old episode of 8 out of 10 cats where Sarah Millican tried making a humorous observation that was met with a really awkward silence for about 5 seconds before Sean Lock turned round to her and said "No, I don't think so.". :/

I realise I'm the odd one out here so you all carry on. :p

edit: 2 bits made me smirk...

Matt Damon and the line "You're not Thor, god of Hammers".

Caporegime
Also meant to say, that considering the movie is more comedy than action I had chills/goosebumps when
Immigrant Song kicked in and an electrified Thor crashed down on the resurrected zombie warriors in slow motion

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Printed my discount codes through the Perks system.. just have to figure out how to pickup some tickets at peak time without running the risk of getting crap seats.

Soldato
For me it was one of the best/most entertaining Marvel films so far...certainly the right direction for the Thor franchise given how poorly received Dark World was (which I didn’t think was THAT bad).

Myself and my friends were laughing throughout.

Back
Top Bottom