Cordless vacuum cleaner advice

Associate
Soldato
I have a 32v (or 36v) vax

battery lasts 45 mins ish give or take, and it has replaced 90% of our usual hoovering i.e we get the main hover our once a month.

cheap too at 169 quid.. Great suction and spec

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I managed to get the V8 Absolute for a steal and it's wonderful. I'd hazard a guess that the V6 isn't THAT much worse. Just now need to buy my own house to get some proper use out of it :D

The story:
I bought a new V6 Absolute on the Dyson Outlet eBay with a £50 off code (all the other models they had increased the price by £50 to coincide with this, this one hadn't been increased so was already a great price). Was expecting a shipping email on the Thursday, didn't get one. Friday morning came round and told me how they had no stock left of the V6, and they were upgrading me free of charge to the V8 equivalent. Not bad for £200!

OcUK Staff
I have a Dyson V6 Animal.

It does my 4 bed detached in one charge in normal power mode.

If you put it on high power max suction it lasts about 6 - 7 mins on a full charge.

Got it for £200 so its v good for the price

Bailey

Associate
Any cordless VC is a godsend, honestly. I'm not entirely sure what features and models Dyson has; we have an off-brand one. Super cheap but it's a darn site nicer to use than a corded one

Associate
we bought the v6 first loved it and was so easy we haven't used our upright dyson in well i can not remember replaced with v8 just for more battery time no excuses for kids not knowing how to use the thing pull it off the wall add any attachment they need and go

Soldato
I was looking at a cordless vac and had ruled out the Dyson's for being too expensive. Has anyone ever used a Shark IF250UKT? There were a few new ones on eBay last week for £280 and it seems to get good reviews online.

Soldato
I bought a V6 to give my car a quick hoover when I couldn't be bothered to get my proper hoover out. It's forever being used around the house and it has now fully replaced our mains powered for day to day hoovering.

Soldato
I was looking at a cordless vac and had ruled out the Dyson's for being too expensive. Has anyone ever used a Shark IF250UKT? There were a few new ones on eBay last week for £280 and it seems to get good reviews online.

Got 1 few weeks go great piece of kit we have a springer spaniel who moults like mad and its great to do a quick whip around the tiled and laminate floors and the living rug 1 battery does that easy with 50% left on it . We also have Dyson ball upright which has not been used in 2 weeks since getting the shark

Soldato
OP
I'm hoping the V6 will change the way we clean the house. Several small whip rounds a week rather than one long session.

Can finally ditch the cumbersome cylinder vac that clutters the spare room when not in use.

Will mount the charging rack on the wall for neat storage and can just pick up and use. Perfect for a small two bed semi.

Soldato
Ended up buying a Dyson V6 Absolute for £230. Not going to open it until Black Friday though as I'd rather get the Total Clean due to the different brush head but the Absolute for £230 was better to buy and keep a few weeks boxed up!

Hopefully the V6 Total Clean is on offer in a week or so.

Update: Ended up buying a V8 Absolute for £330 with 2% cashback to come hopefully. Should make it £93 more than the V6 which for double the battery life I thought why not!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom