Who here owns a Subaru?

Soldato
They haven't heard from him in a while? That doesn't sound right...

Yeah i didnt realise they wasnt tied to each other. I thought he worked for them. I rang RCM to see if i can book my car in next wednesday with him and they told me hes nowt to do with them and only rents the dyno from them.

Then told me he didnt book the dyno last week, yesterday or any upcoming wednesdays.

Soldato
OP
Yeah i didnt realise they wasnt tied to each other. I thought he worked for them. I rang RCM to see if i can book my car in next wednesday with him and they told me hes nowt to do with them and only rents the dyno from them.

Then told me he didnt book the dyno last week, yesterday or any upcoming wednesdays.

I could have told you that much... have you actually tried to contact Duncan himself?

Soldato
Yeah ive spoke to him a while back, tried a few times over phone and his websit since ladt week and not heard owt back. He might just be on holiday tbf. Only chance ill have is next wednesday though with him before the RR day.

Will just have to come down in my van, see if its still making 90 ponys lol.

Soldato
Been having the odd look around and TDR's Mark seems to be highly rated for mapping and working on scoobys. Scoobynet is full of threads praising him.

170mile round trip though....

Associate
My Forester STi :cool:

34ooo3p.jpg

Soldato
To the best of my knowledge, Zen no longer trade. Last I heard, Paul was working for Ecutek (LinkedIn suggests he is Ops Manager). His profile says he left Zen in 2015.

Think they do. A guy called Richard took over in 2015 IIRC.

It's been over 10 years since Zen Performance was formed, and it will be 10 years in June since we first took to the keys to our workshop in Wellingborough. We have been through ups and downs this past decade and in just over a month a new chapter will begin.

Starting in March, I will be stepping down from Zen Performance entirely, leaving it in the capable hands of Richard O’Donovan (Ren to many of you). I am off to pursue a change of career and take up a new position with my friends at Ecutek International in Uxbridge, to work on new and exciting projects that I hope will benefit many in the tuning community for years to come.

Having run into this lion’s den full of enthusiasm and fight, been chewed up and spat out only to pull myself together and do it all again, at least a few times I wonder what I would go back tell my 30 year old self given the chance? “Don’t bother” would be tempting, but for every negative experience I’ve had I can think of many positive ones, and for every bad word I can think of all the good times I’ve been a part of with the help of so many good people.

I could write a list of thanks but I wouldn’t know where to start, there are so many people that have helped over the years, and so many people that were a pleasure to help in return. But that doesn't mean I don't remember them, late nights helping build a time attack cars, later nights repairing them, and all nighters repairing them on the other side of the world. Sponsors who contributed their time, products enthusiasm or just cold hard cash. Customers who became friends as the got on board and helped us out of a jam, sometimes taking a up just their free time, but sometimes their own money. Customers who showed their faith in what we did and how we did it, gifting us with their patience which I would always hope to repay with something unique. Staff who brought their own talent and enthusasism, and for whom I wish I could have offered more. Competitors in both business and on the race track that give me the drive to do new and exciting things.

And so to the future, where Zen Performance is going to continue under Richard's guidance. For most people that will mean nothing but an improvement in service and the scope of work, as Richard works unencumbered by my sometimes frustrating input! But rest assured Richard is Zen through and through, after nearly 4 years of crushing pressure pushing the very essence of what we are into his round balding head! Zen Performance is more than just one person, it's an ideal and all along it hasn't relied on a single specific person to be what it is least of all me!

So if you want your Subaru servicing, or some advice on upgrades, or some parts, or a wiring loom or even (and I stress this!) some mapping, call 05603 460415 or email [email protected]

Insert witty signoff here....

Paul

Soldato
Just get some plastic/metal weld from halfords. About £8.

Snapped my diffuser on the vxr in half and that stuff put it back together. Good stuff, use it to put back snapped clips and all sorts.

Back
Top Bottom