** CORSAIR PBT KEYCAPS - UK LAYOUT - NOW AVAILABLE **

OcUK Staff
Hi guys,

Corsair have made a black and white set of their PBT Keycaps available for purchase separately to their keyboards. So whether you want to swap from black to white, refresh your ageing caps or put some corsair caps on your non corsair cherry MX keyboards you can!

They will fit any Cherry switch but may not be compatible with your keyboard if it has a different to usual layout or any strange key shapes like a double thickness spacebar. They are priced very reasonably on a par with our other keycap sets which are available if you fancy something other than the monochrome offering from Corsair.

PBT (short for "polybutylene terephthalate") is one of the hardest, most durable materials for keycaps. It is more resilient against heat and chemicals than ABS, but its properties also makes it more difficult to mould, which makes it more uncommon.

Legends on PBT keys are often laser-etched or dye-sublimated but only very rarely double shot moulded. PBT does not turn yellow from exposure to ultraviolet light, like ABS does.

Double-shot moulding, double-shot, dual-injection moulding, two-shot moulding or insert moulding is the process of moulding plastic around a preformed metal or plastic insert. This has been a popular process to create very durable keycaps in the past. Recently, the process has become more rare.

Check them out below, I'll update with stock availability when we have it.

Corsair Gaming PBT Double-shot Keycaps Full 104/105-Keyset - Black @ £39.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Cors...caps-Full-104-105-Keyset-Black-KB-09P-CS.htmlhttps://www.overclockers.co.uk/Cors...caps-Full-104-105-Keyset-Black-KB-09P-CS.html

g8u6aWG.jpg

Double-shot molded for maximum durability, Made from dense, shine resistant PBT to reduce key fading, Backlight compatible to keep lighting effects vibrant, Double thick keycap walls for stability

Only £39.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Corsair Gaming PBT Double-shot Keycaps Full 104/105-Keyset - White @ £39.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Cors...caps-Full-104-105-Keyset-White-KB-09Q-CS.htmlhttps://www.overclockers.co.uk/Cors...caps-Full-104-105-Keyset-White-KB-09Q-CS.html

ddddDfNg.jpg

Double-shot molded for maximum durability, Made from dense, shine resistant PBT to reduce key fading, Backlight compatible to keep lighting effects vibrant, Double thick keycap walls for stability

Only £39.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

OcUK Staff
OP
Eurgh that font though.

Gotta say i didn't like it at first either when i first saw it on the LUX range last year, thought it looked childish. Then I played with a K95 RGB Platinum this year and, trust me as a whole piece, especially with a Corsair keyboard, it works.

Rightly or wrongly they went with a font to make the most of RGB lighting. No point paying the RGB tax if you can't see the RGB!

OcUK Staff
OP
What's up with your 1/2 completed description and lack of caps for the start of the new line? :D

"Made from dense" haha just like me obviously! :D

Should read:
  • Made from dense, shine resistant PBT to reduce key fading
Buuuuut, when we write the short description separating each feature by commas, a comma inserts a bullet point. So if, while you are writing it, you use correct English and separate a list of items in the middle of a sentence with a comma it will bullet point in the middle of a sentence. I try not to do this and also remove the comma's from copy received from vendors to put in our listings, but hey, some slip through.

I don't personally consider one misplaced comma counts for a "1/2 completed description", but we all have our levels of pedantry :p

Thanks for letting me know though, I've edited them and it now reads:
  • Made from dense and shine resistant PBT to reduce key fading

Associate
Well my corsair K70 vengeance monochrome original ASDF keys are not fading or yellow but the lettering looks like poo as it wears through the black top to reveal the transparent insert, not impressed, are these better?

Back
Top Bottom