Wolfenstein The New Colossus

Man of Honour
Busy day for Cohh tomorrow then , he is streaming Destiny 2 tomorrow as well.

Why would anyone want to spoiler a whole game for themselves? Beyond me.

It amazes me how many people sit and watch him play right the way through games, A LOT of people (really into the thousands and thousands) watched him play Divinity 2 right the way through, all 100 odd hours of it. I watch him quite a bit to get the gist of games to see if they are ones I want to buy but I wouldnt watch a playthrough because I want to experience the games myself. I suppose though if someone is short of money or only half wants a game then its a good way for them to "play" the game through whilst having others to enjoy it with, without having to buy it themselves.

Soldato
Busy day for Cohh tomorrow then , he is streaming Destiny 2 tomorrow as well.
He said he wont be playing Destiny 2 straight away, but he probably be playing Wolfenstein all day tomorrow and most likely on Wednesday as well. ELEX will be put on hold for a couple days as well.

Why would anyone want to spoiler a whole game for themselves? Beyond me.
I was on the fence for ELEX when I first found out about it although I did like the look of it all. Now after having seen him playing it I be getting it one day. But I am a slow player and by the time I get around to play it (I am playing the first Dishonored now and then be playing the DLC's and the rest of the series) I will have forgot most of what he is doing now. So for me, it's good fun having it running on one screen while I am doing other things on my main. *shruggs* I just posted the above if other was on the fences and wanted a peek to see if the game was for them or not.

Soldato
It won't be, the Steam sale starts the day before it's released.

Steam sale is steam sale. Their PR would be crap not to include in the sale in the next day. That said, I don't expect any huge discount on it, best odds that it have it's launch discount at 5%-15% or anything around that.

Just a few days to find out. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd be buying this now from CDKeys for £27.99 - if past trends are anything to go by, then the game will go up in price after it's release before it comes down again. The Evil Within 2 being the only exception to this I can recall, it being a few quid cheaper now than it was to pre-order.

Soldato
Still haven't completed the new order, got all the way to the final boss but couldn't figure out how to kill him so gonna play through again. Then finally play old blood before getting collosus.

Associate
That's good to know.

Vulkan
When we started development of Wolfenstein II, the choice of graphics API for PC was a simple one. DOOM had already set the stage for what could be done with Vulkan and we wanted to take it to the next level.

Associate
Wolfenstein: The New Order is an electric veg-o-matic of FPS gaming bits and pieces set thrown into the hopper :p and set for puree. It lacks some stuff that we’re sort of gotten used to seeing in our FPS games these days and adds, a thousand collectable widgets aside, not much that we haven’t seen elsewhere before. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Steam sale is steam sale. Their PR would be crap not to include in the sale in the next day. That said, I don't expect any huge discount on it, best odds that it have it's launch discount at 5%-15% or anything around that.

Just a few days to find out. :D

They'd already be running a pre-order offer if that were the case. Publishers want to drive pre-orders, so dropping the price either the day before or the day of release doesn't make much sense.

Soldato
I'd be buying this now from CDKeys for £27.99 - if past trends are anything to go by, then the game will go up in price after it's release before it comes down again. The Evil Within 2 being the only exception to this I can recall, it being a few quid cheaper now than it was to pre-order.
Went down to £24.99 at the weekend now its going up again!

Associate
I'm probably in the minority here, but I have no desire to play linear shooters in this day and age. Perhaps I've been spoiled by games like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, which despite their comparatively smaller budgets, have more atmosphere and substance than all of the recent Wolfenstein games put together.

I hope Cyberpunk 2077 and Metro Exodus will bring something new to the table. Time will tell!

Back
Top Bottom