Divinity: Original Sin 2

Soldato
So I started a new game. My main character was going to be a female mage, so I thought I might as well play as Lohse tbh. I Haven't quite left Fort Joy yet... It is a completely different game!
I have already found loads of things I didn't the first time. My party is completely different in terms of personnel and skills. I have found a new plot strand I didn't even know existed in my last playthrough, and I've found 2 different ways to escape Fort Joy that I didn't know about

The replay value of the game is insane!

Soldato
I've just got to the mirror on the ship and I feel a bit lost for what to do.

Yes, I can respec everyone however I want, but my gear is tailored to their current builds and say I respec as a huntsman... well I don't actually have any spell books for that so I have no skills.

Tempted to just stay as I am but maybe rethink some of the attribute points a bit to maximize potential.

My builds have got me this far without too much pain although I did cheese the Act 1 boss a bit.:D

Associate
I've just got to the mirror on the ship and I feel a bit lost for what to do.

Yes, I can respec everyone however I want, but my gear is tailored to their current builds and say I respec as a huntsman... well I don't actually have any spell books for that so I have no skills.

Tempted to just stay as I am but maybe rethink some of the attribute points a bit to maximize potential.

My builds have got me this far without too much pain although I did cheese the Act 1 boss a bit.:D

Well after the boat, the next town has vendors that sell plenty of gear and lots of skill books for each class.....you can then just teleport back to the boat and re-spec when you're ready.

Permabanned
Bearing in mind you can only rob people once, its worth having a character with high thieving/keeping any thieving gear so you can rob as much as possible and wait till they have a huge pile of cash on them. I generally just stole everyone's money, then bought all the cool stuff from them. :)

Or even respec max thieving skills, rob, spec back.

Soldato
I've just started playing this, only clocked up 10 hours or so.

I'm really enjoying it! I find it very engaging, but I have no idea why lol. I forget to even go for a smoke when I play, I just find myself lost in it.

The slow, tactical battles really do it for me. I hope it can keep me hooked until the end.

I manged to resist my usual temptation of starting as a warrior type character, and started as a archer. I'm going to start a game with a friend soon, and I'm determined to try something different. I'm thinking maybe necro or summoner.

Its amazing how much there is to do in fort joy! I think I'm close to escaping with a couple of quest lines, but for now, I'm happy to stay.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
What cracks me up is that within the group of friends I game with, we have several different games going on with a few different people each time due to other commitments / shift work etc. Every time a new game is started there's a huge hoo-haa over "what class should I go?" "is this class any good?"

Class matters sod all at the start, it's purely for starting spells. Yes you can min/max into a certain skill combination and be all powerful, but I find it much more enjoyable to have several different skills that compliment each other well and dip into multiple spell schools. Gives you a lot of extra utility too!

Associate
After enjoying and completing Baldurs Gate 2 as a kid I bought Divinity Original Sin and Pillars Of Eternity upon my return to PC gaming. Did not get far with them. I don't know how much sense it makes but these are games I want to play but when it comes to actually doing it I think I'm overwhelmed by the scale and choices. I fully understand the criticism of games being "dumbed down" point A to point B borefests but as I get older I'm finding that's all I can find the time for.

Annnnywaay... Despite the above I keep coming back to this thread...

IF I were to buy this game and actually play the darned thing...

I have relented, I'm in. Expect I'll spend an hour on just the character creation screen... I'm really excited about the prospect of this game, I just hope that my focus lasts!

Contrary to what I said previously, I'll think I'll use two Origin characters rather than customs. Still Lone Wolf however.

Ifan and Sebille, both driven by vengeance and therefore hopefully with a moral ambiguity that will be interesting to explore and to drive story choices.

Edit:
Oh, right... Only one character from the off, unlike D:OS. Right, let's get off this forum and play the game. What was that about focus? :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Me and my mate started out trying to be good, turns out his character has some demon in him that freaks people out so had to kill a load of people to save him... Oh well, maybe next play through!

Awesome game, don't really like this style of game but I'm completely hooked

Soldato
How is this going for everyone? From a few vids it looked like there was an editor, map creation tools etc...which would mean the ability to create worlds and communities like NVN all those years ago. If so that would be something that really interests me and just wondered how it was going, if so is anyone from here making a world? Cheers.

Soldato
This game is so good, and seriously overwhelming at times, I like to be sure of what i am doing, who I am speaking to etc, Fort Joy was manageable, but on Reapers Coast, my quest list is ridiculous! I keep picking up quests on my way to quests! :D

Soldato
I'm at Reaper's Coast in my second playthrough atm. Finding some fights incredibly difficult, and I must have already done 20+ quests that I didn't do the first time

Soldato
Completed this over the weekend. Last fight...what an insane way to end. I didn't actually enjoy the last fight as I found it too reliant on luck. Don't want to spoil anything but those who have done it will understand.

It has not put me off starting a new game though, so about it do it all again!

Back
Top Bottom