Magni 3

Associate
Just a heads up to say the Magni 3 is back in stock over at Schiit EU (been a couple of weeks since initial stock depleted) if you've been patiently waiting on it :D

Soldato
annoyingly I noticed 5 minutes after spending £60 on Amazon - I'm in no rush, I'll probably end up getting Magni 3, Modi 2 Uber and Loki.

I might just hang fire and see if they release a Modi 3 to go with the Magni - they may as well as the standard modi 2 and uber now both use the same AKM4490 DAC chip

Associate
OP
I might just hang fire and see if they release a Modi 3 to go with the Magni - they may as well as the standard modi 2 and uber now both use the same AKM4490 DAC chip
The impression I got from Jason in his latest chapter was that this wasn't looking to be soon, have a read (if you've not already of course :D)

I'm pleased the chassis on the non-uber edition has been upgraded to 'brushed aluminium' so there's no need for me to spend £40 just for the sake of matching them colour wise for the stack. £80 saved and a new model of amp, result! Plus the new incoming HD660 S, all due early next week :D

Soldato
I enjoy reading those blog posts, he manages to make them entertaining and informative.

I will be getting the Magni 3 and Loki, the DAC is yet to be decided between Modi 2 Uber, Modi Multibit, SMSL M8A and ifi iOne. I currently have a version one Modi and a Magni 2, so no real rush for anything.

Associate
OP
Sold out after just 3 days been in stock jesus. Think Schiit need to sort there Schiit out and stock more 3 days ain't long to run out very poor if you ask me
Get real. This is a brand new product with demand high in many countries. They have a production line which can produce x units which are then split up and distributed to authorised dealers globally. Nothing is poor about their supply and demand; we all could wish for mega factories producing 10 million units a second but you wouldn't be paying such competitively low prices if this was the case. Furthermore if you feel £110 for this amp is "very poor" then i'd suggest you move along. It couldn't be further from poor.

Associate
Was really thinking about getting a Schiit stack, I have a sound blaster z atm, I don't really use it's features... Is a schiit stack much better? I have AKG K712's.

Soldato
Get real. This is a brand new product with demand high in many countries. They have a production line which can produce x units which are then split up and distributed to authorised dealers globally. Nothing is poor about their supply and demand; we all could wish for mega factories producing 10 million units a second but you wouldn't be paying such competitively low prices if this was the case. Furthermore if you feel £110 for this amp is "very poor" then i'd suggest you move along. It couldn't be further from poor.

He's referring to them not producing enough units and running out of stock so quickly, as being very poor. Nothing about his post indicates to me that he is saying the Magni 3 for £110, is poor.

But you're right; Schiit are not a large company, and can't churn units out like Sony or Samsung can to meet demands with their large factories. As of 2016, they had about 16 employees I think.

Back
Top Bottom