If you had the opportunity to attend an autopsy, would you?

Caporegime
Been too a few. Very interesting, the smell is quite impressive too. The pathologist did most of the work with what appeared to be a bread knife, slicing up all the organs, then stuffed them all in a bag and but the lost back inside the body. Even went as far as rummaging through the stomach contents, lovely!

Associate
On balance, I think I probably would. I'm not squeamish about watching somebody else do the dissection, but I could never do the dissection myself - one of the reasons I never did biology at secondary school ...

Associate
I think it'd be fascinating and would love to see it.

Though, one tip, organise a good place to go eat after. If there is formaldehyde in use it makes you really really hungry.

Man of Honour
Unless you were pursuing a relevant career or something I'm not sure. Personally I'd have no problems from the squeamish perspective (a few years ago another story but these days I've seen too much to easily be disturbed by it) but I wouldn't particularly choose to spend my time observing an autopsy just because.

Associate
I should have added that I'm a medical student, albeit not one that would have to deal with the dead. My class is very much 50/50 on this.
You're a necromaner/doctor :eek:

I've been to one as I work for the ambulance service and it was very interesting. Not at all gruesome, and conducted with a huge amount of respect and professionalism. If i were you id def go.

Soldato
seen a few myself, I used to go up to Glasgow Uni and watch the students doing them, interesting place, you would view from a standing gallery around the room, with cabinets full of body parts in formaldehyde.

when something is dead, it is easy to detach from the reality, that is was alive at one point, its almost likw watching a horror movie with heads being chopped off, to see that in real life would be horrific

Back
Top Bottom