Insurance

Soldato
Well this sucks, garage ceiling fell in and destroyed my S15.
22687680_10100308809567775_1002435598390100723_n.jpg

Is this kind of thing covered by building contents or will I have to claim on the car policy? I don't exactly want to do that, already claimed a total loss on my Mark X this year :/

Soldato
The state of it around the window seal will probably put a halt on any easy paintless type repair

Just going to have to trawl through your t&c's but having looked at my own policy quickly it seems this would be covered

Soldato
OP
Yeah it's pretty bad the C pillar is rippled and damage to the quarter panel too. Don't know if it's repairable tbh. Thanks for the advice though, worth giving the building insurance a call first then.

Associate
Having had damage to my car during storm Doris, contents/building refused to even look at paying out. They had a full exemption for anything to do with cars. Its more than likely you will have to go through car insurance unfortunately.

Soldato
And this is why insurance to park in a garage costs more :(

AFAIK building insurance won't cover damage to a car, only damaged caused by a car.

A PDR guy won't be able to get it all back in to shape, the edges will be the biggest problem.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I crashed it into a parked car after blacking out at the wheel. Suffice to say I no longer have driving privileges. Not ideal.
Holy ****; are you OK? You're not having a good run with your cars of late :/

Tell me to FO of course, but what's the deal with your licence now due to what I presume is some sort of medical diagnosis?

Caporegime
Holy ****; are you OK? You're not having a good run with your cars of late :/

Tell me to FO of course, but what's the deal with your licence now due to what I presume is some sort of medical diagnosis?

If he has black outs then the DVLA will revoke his licence and he has to go 2 years without another black outs in order to get it back. If he has another the clock starts again.

I think.

Soldato
I crashed it into a parked car after blacking out at the wheel. Suffice to say I no longer have driving privileges. Not ideal.

:( that’s awful!

Might be worth talking to chillistrucker on Pistonheads - he had serious health issues and the DVLA made life very difficult for him even after he was cleared to drive, but I believe he got it back in the end.

Back
Top Bottom