4K UHD Content from Sky

Soldato
Is there a solid reference that confirms transmission is 2160@50i or 2160@50p ?
the the 50fps also written on sky's website - with no clarification, is either interlaced (25 full frames/s) or progressive with 50 full frames/s.
If it follows 1080 then it will be 50i ? (even 720@50p for sport)

Also have to wait and see whether any of the 4K material from the olympics gets onto utube.
The linked article suggests the use 8x3g links to get the 8K at stadium
was the original sky 4k service meant to sync with the olympics - that might have sold more subscriptions (full hd came in with China no?)
....cynically - drug taking in 4K glory !

Associate
OP
Reports are coming in that Big Cats, Forest Gump and Pixels are all now available to watch in UHD.

I understand that in some cases Forest Gump & Pixels are available even if you don't subscribe to Sky Cinema! So if you have a 4K TV and Sky Q Silver, do give these downloads a try and ensure that your Q Box and TV are all set up correctly.

Soldato
Watched the Leicester game today on Sky Sports 1 UHD, was impressed with the quality. No issues that I noticed, very smooth. Man Utd V Bournemouth and Arsenal V Liverpool tomorrow and then Chelsea V West Ham on Monday night, what a feast of 4K football.

Associate
Sorry to revive a old thread. How much live content is there now for UHD? Is it still just the Sports stuff and a selection of movies?

Associate
Sky are broadcasting their New Content in 4k so have a look there - IMO the lack of HDR means that Amazon and Netflix still beat it hands down 4k without HDR just doesn't have that wow effect.

Caporegime
Sky are broadcasting their New Content in 4k so have a look there - IMO the lack of HDR means that Amazon and Netflix still beat it hands down 4k without HDR just doesn't have that wow effect.
Ultra HD. Sky have never ever said anything about 4k. It's always advertised as Ultra HD. The ARE different.

Soldato
Ultra HD. Sky have never ever said anything about 4k. It's always advertised as Ultra HD. The ARE different.

4k wouldn't make much sense as it's a wider aspect ratio, it wouldn't scale as well from 1080p. Let's be honest, we should just be calliing it 2160p.

I watch all the F1 in UHD now on Sky, looks pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom