• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA GTX 1070Ti NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER FROM £419.99 **

Soldato
So you can get a 1080 and a game for £390??
If so, then I agree that pricing is messed up. But I don't believe that.

Doh! I meant to say less than £30 more. In the last few weeks I have seen 5 different deals for GTX1080 cards for between £430 to £450. Plus,even more deals at between £450 to £480.

These all include a game too.

Edit!!

This game:

https://www.geforce.com/shadow-of-war-bundle

Last edited:
Associate
I just picked up a brand new palit jetstream 1080 with Destiny 2 for £480. The 1070ti doesnt seem like good value, especially if the prices go up in a couple of weeks like gibbo suggested.

Associate
The only thing more uninspiring than NVidia's latest release is the totally predictable moaning thread accompanying it :p
Seriously, NVidia fully disclosed the specs which allowed us to be absolutely certain that the performance would be between the existing 1070 and 1080, then we act all shocked and surprised when the price is between the 1070 and 1080? Then we talk about how pointless and uninspiring NVidia are with it. Yeah, it would be great if they were more like AMD...
This is a close to end of generation refresh, why would we expect something revolutionary? The entire purpose of a refresh is taking what you've got and tweaking it a bit.

Associate
The only thing more uninspiring than NVidia's latest release is the totally predictable moaning thread accompanying it :p
Seriously, NVidia fully disclosed the specs which allowed us to be absolutely certain that the performance would be between the existing 1070 and 1080, then we act all shocked and surprised when the price is between the 1070 and 1080? Then we talk about how pointless and uninspiring NVidia are with it. Yeah, it would be great if they were more like AMD...
This is a close to end of generation refresh, why would we expect something revolutionary? The entire purpose of a refresh is taking what you've got and tweaking it a bit.

yes, but what is the purpose of this forum if not to complain about prices all the time? It's not like there are good deals to be had. No, let's complain how when we were all young we could buy the moon with the price of a tea cup now.

Associate
yes, but what is the purpose of this forum if not to complain about prices all the time? It's not like there are good deals to be had. No, let's complain how when we were all young we could buy the moon with the price of a tea cup now.
Not a bad idea. Petrol was 57p/litre when I started driving. Any increase on that? ;)

Associate
was going to wait for hopefully prices to tumble a little.

Then saw price of 1070ti and it being so close to 1080, just decided to go for a Palit 1080 Gamerock for £499.

Still feel a little dirty, prices are a joke.

If I still had a working GPU I wouldn't have bought.....

Back
Top Bottom