• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Associate
Took 5hrs to sort out my payment issue after the apple pay payment was declined this morning. Halifax didn't block my transaction when I checked either.

When I was finally able to update the card manually on the website it kept failing saying not authorised no matter how I tried. Tried contacting apple via the phone but they were so busy I couldn't even get in the queue, and even the web chat kept saying they were full.

Finally able to schedule a call via the support app and I had a nice person call me from Texas.

Explained everything and I gave him my card details and the payment went through first time perfectly. What a bloody nightmare to sort out. Still scheduled for a 3rd November though and it's preparing for dispatch so all is well :D

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Vodafone emailed me offer for Iphone X:
- 26Gb data
- Unlimited minutes
- Unlimited texts
£57.80 a month + £150 upfront cost
What do you guys think?

Seems good for the amount of data.

Total cost is £1,537.20.

For comparison, the phone cost (64gb) £999 and you can get 25GB SIM only deal from Vodafone for £25pm.

Total cost £1599.

Your offer is cheaper, but you're locked in for 24months, compared to 12 months on the SIM only.

Associate
Seems good for the amount of data.

Total cost is £1,537.20.

For comparison, the phone cost (64gb) £999 and you can get 25GB SIM only deal from Vodafone for £25pm.

Total cost £1599.

Your offer is cheaper, but you're locked in for 24months, compared to 12 months on the SIM only.
They offer 24 months warranty with Iphone X, they never did that before. I will call and see if you can get Work Scheme discount along this offer.

Soldato
Lol

I’m tempted to put one on eBay... but surely they’re total scam bait no?! I just imagine I’ll get a paypal charge back a few days later, then screwed over by PayPal.

Might stick with Gumtree... maybe even Facebook marketplace (ew) :D

Yep, massive risk selling on eBay. Greed over risk lol

Soldato
Complete madness for the price of these things - had a look on my network for a laugh (3) - near or over £100 A MONTH !!!!!!!!! A MONTHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!! for a mobile phone ?!!!??!?!?!!?

Worlds lost it - last price hike of humanity before society wakes up

Soldato
Complete madness for the price of these things - had a look on my network for a laugh (3) - near or over £100 A MONTH !!!!!!!!! A MONTHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!! for a mobile phone ?!!!??!?!?!!?

Worlds lost it - last price hike of humanity before society wakes up

It's more than just a mobile phone. Its a pocket sized "all things" device.

Associate
Managed to reserve one for December 9th, will Apple be releasing cancellations / more stock in batches at a certain time of day? Wondering if it's worth while cancelling that reservation on the upgrade program to try and bag one on release day?

Soldato
Soldato
Showing as shipping in 5-6 weeks on the Apple site for all models, much better than I thought for a launch day. It's been way worse than that in the past pushing 10+ weeks.

Associate
Managed to get space grey 64gb to collect on launch day out in the states (tmobile so is compat with UK networks) as im out there working next week

£830 inc taxes, £17 a month sim only on EE at the moment so total cost over 2 years ~£1300/55monthly aint too bad

Back
Top Bottom