Football Manager 2018

Man of Honour
Also, just picked this up from the features list which I missed before. Interesting, and it backs up what I thought reference the 'engine update'.

"As detailed there, the new engine now supports DirectX 11, against previous games' DirectX 9. On-pitch lighting and textures have been "significantly enhanced", and there's now more movement variation from one player to the next. These improvements "make it easier for the match view team at SI to make changes in the future," we're told, and stadiums now play a bigger role in outlining scale and depth."

Associate
Interface is almost unplayable for me at the moment, think i'll have to wait for a patch. The tooltip pop ups for players/staff attributes are really buggy with parts of interface disappearing when I hover over it, in the tactics screen the tooltips grays out the whole player so I have to leave screen and go back in.

Also, is there no way to adjust player/staff search attributes at the same time as viewing the search results?! You have to go in the 'edit search' screen every time, bit of a pain in the ass just to reduce a value by 1.. in previous versions you had all that in the same window

Associate
oh thats disappointing and very surprising - doesn't seem anywhere near being ready

To be fair last years Beta had a load of bugs but anything that was posted on the SI forum was generally sorted before release. The Beta should only really be used for learning any new features, I would never start a long term save in it.

Associate
Just got this from a site... don't know if you can link but its a site for the developers to "sortitout" ;) £30 for the game and the touch version.

just downloaded and the facepacks and kitpacks....

I only really use the beta to start as a premier league team to mess around and learn the game, then on full release start as my beloved Grimsby Town!

Man of Honour
I'm waiting to see what the regens look like before I judge. Have to say, the actual matches are somewhat better for me. I am at the lowest league mind you, but there are far few crosses into the box, and the keeper is actually able to save the ball from time to time :D

Associate
Main thing I've noticed aside from the bugs (it's a very rushed out beta) is that you can't cut any corners on the tactics side. Everything is set to a really poor default. Defenders leave massive gaps between them etc. Set pieces are a waste of time if you don't set individual instructions.

It's time consuming but it's how FM should be.

Enjoying it overall. The even years definitely seem to be the better releases since 08.

Associate
I set the training regime to be controlled by the ass man. He proceded to put everyone on very high intensity and injure my entire first team in 2 weeks.

Long story short, don't let them control training.
Depends if your ass man is any good? I'll be going Celtic and I'm pretty Chris Davies has pretty good stats.

Back
Top Bottom