Migrants Fuel Population Boom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Lol I think you need to do some reading on Japan's economy it is far from rosie.
Neither is ours, either before Brexit or after it. Migration isn't really helping, regardless of what it adds to the country we still are further and further in debt.

The whole system is borked. Nothing is going to change as we just skirt around the issue with discussions about migration or the climate.

The human race is more like a parasite in that it just consumes it's host until it can move on to the next one. Problem is that we don't have anywhere else to go.

Soldato
Ah Japan the bastion of economic growth. Oh wait wait they've been falling down the rankings for years and have hit the older generation issues before us. Yet you guys still stick your fingers in your ears.

Japan scores well across a wide range of metrics

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/japan

Of course it's not a country without problems and it's demographics are one of them...

However I think it stands a good chance of weathering the storm with a very homogenous population.

But I'm yet to be convinced that a population ponzi scheme to continually inflate gdp if not gdp per capita which is largely based on importing people en mass from abroad who may or may not have cultural views compatible with those of the countries long standing traditions is a good idea.

Given that we have now surpassed the point where more than 50% annually of the 'new' UK population is either immigrants of the children of an immigrant we are now probably past the point of no return in this grand social experiment ushered in against the wishes of the majority (who consistently would have voted in the majority against it) by our politicians.

Man of Honour
Japan scores well across a wide range of metrics

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/japan

Of course it's not a country without problems and it's demographics are one of them...

However I think it stands a good chance of weathering the storm with a very homogenous population.

But I'm yet to be convinced that a population ponzi scheme to continually inflate gdp if not gdp per capita which is largely based on importing people en mass from abroad who may or may not have cultural views compatible with those of the countries long standing traditions is a good idea.

Given that we have now surpassed the point where more than 50% annually of the 'new' UK population is either immigrants of the children of an immigrant we are now probably past the point of no return in this grand social experiment ushered in against the wishes of the majority (who consistently would have voted in the majority against it) by our politicians.
japan year on year keeps falling down the charts.

who said anything about continually we have to change at some point as the world population is predicted to stabilize and then decrease. However before that happens or we massively curb immigration, you have to change the economics first and that will take decades and the government have buried their head in the sand and haven't even started that yet.

As for the rest of your racist nonsense, well its exactly that.

Soldato
That will be good for house prices then, or not, depending on your position on the housing ladder.

I wonder how many new houses can be built before there is literally nowhere left to build in the UK?

If ever land became a shortage in the sense that the problem couldn't be solved by compulsory purchase order, there is always the option to dam and drain a large section of the Irish sea. There are so many other option that could solve the problem that it is not really a problem at all. Only real problem is short sightedness and all these immigrates are going to grow old some day and need an ever increasing number of immigrates to support them. In 40 years time there is going to be a mass of 65 year old single males with little in the way of family support clogging up the health and care systems

Caporegime
japan year on year keeps falling down the charts.

who said anything about continually we have to change at some point as the world population is predicted to stabilize and then decrease. However before that happens or we massively curb immigration, you have to change the economics first and that will take decades and the government have buried their head in the sand and haven't even started that yet.

As for the rest of your racist nonsense, well its exactly that.

That's because you're stuck on GDP as being a metric. Pay attention to the discussion and you'll see how much of a fallacy that is.

Look at this country. Our GDP is increasing yet real world wages are stagnating and falling because of a worsening wealth distribution.

Man of Honour
That's because you're stuck on GDP as being a metric. Pay attention to the discussion and you'll see how much of a fallacy that is.

Look at this country. Our GDP is increasing yet real world wages are stagnating and falling because of a worsening wealth distribution.
um no, i have never been stuck on gdp.

Soldato
While many of the older generation still struggle with understanding that immigration is integral to them being able to draw their pension and have someone provide care when they become unable to look after themselves.

It’s either immigration, or forcing the younger generation to have more kids.
Stop vilifying people who have children, encourage them by supporting them with large tax breaks. They are all the future of the country.

Associate
Stop vilifying people who have children, encourage them by supporting them with large tax breaks. They are all the future of the country.
Unfortunately, at the moment, the best and brightest aren't having children. It is only those at the very top and very bottom of society who have a lot of children

Associate
That's why they need to have tax breaks so the working families can breed, not just the feckless.
My wife has a friend, I say friend but she seems to collect waifs and strays, who has never done a day's work in her life. She has 4 children and is "depressed" because her partner did his duty to society and got the snip. Honestly I just think she would keep going until she dropped dead from it all.

I don't know why my wife associates with her, she's always begging for handouts. Frankly I'd have no problem sterilising people like that. Anyone who fails their GCSEs should just get sterilised. It might seem brutal but it's for the greater good haha.

Soldato
My wife has a friend, I say friend but she seems to collect waifs and strays, who has never done a day's work in her life. She has 4 children and is "depressed" because her partner did his duty to society and got the snip. Honestly I just think she would keep going until she dropped dead from it all.

I don't know why my wife associates with her, she's always begging for handouts. Frankly I'd have no problem sterilising people like that. Anyone who fails their GCSEs should just get sterilised. It might seem brutal but it's for the greater good haha.
Lol bit extreme, I was thinking more along the lines of couples not paying tax whilst they have children or even better paying a decent amount amount for people to have a child or two. But not for more and more.

Associate
Lol bit extreme, I was thinking more along the lines of couples not paying tax whilst they have children or even better paying a decent amount amount for people to have a child or two. But not for more and more.
Lol, I'm just joking. I say it to wind my wife up. We need strong incentives for people to have children but likewise we need strong incentives for them to not have dozens of them.

I don't really advocate for eugenics but collectively the population needs to take some responsibility for itself

Caporegime
I don't think a simple solution like a tax break is going to do the trick. If you want skilled, working couples to have children then you need to make sure they aren't swapping their careers for children, and a tax break alone isn't going to afford the upgrade to a house with another bedroom in.

Soldato
Lol, I'm just joking. I say it to wind my wife up. We need strong incentives for people to have children but likewise we need strong incentives for them to not have dozens of them.

I don't really advocate for eugenics but collectively the population needs to take some responsibility for itself
It's healthy for the country to help pay for families to bring up children, shame it has become so stigmatized.

Caporegime

Who is villifying those having children?

People already get “tax breaks” and financial support for having kids. There’s even more time off for people to have kids now (including joint maternity and paternity leverage). The problems are that many of the “younger” generation have other priorities (careers etc) and some just can’t afford it.

It also doesn’t solve the underlying problem. Increasing population by natural birth or immigration still means an increased population. 75 million people including 10million migrants, or 75 million people with no migrants still means the same number of houses required, the same amount of food and resources. The same care needed when they reach old age. More houses, more schools, more hospitals, more police, nurses, firefighters etc.

On the Japan debate. It’s an interesting one. It doesn’t seem yet to have had a major (externally visible) issue yet with a stagnating economy and a reduction in population, by how long will that continue? If things don’t change it will be a long term experiment that many western nations will be taking note of. Can a country lose a third of its population in 40 years and still be successful (127M to 88m)?

The Japanese Government are taking the potential population drop seriously and have spent a lot of effort trying to increase birth rate, to the point they have a government minister dedicated to the task of reducing the population decline. Will they succeed? Will they find a solution that means it doesn’t matter (automation and a move towards a Startrek like civilization)?

It’ll be interesting to see, and something that we will have to face if we stop importing people and/or when we reach peak earth population.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.teleg...4/11/japans-population-shrink-third-2065/amp/

Associate
It's healthy for the country to help pay for families to bring up children, shame it has become so stigmatized.
The problem is that, with the example I gave above, there are a LOT of people who are incapable of bringing up children. Not just because they are uneducated or unemployed. Plenty wealthy parents are just terrible at it. I see the effects of bad parenting and the damage that is already done to kids by the time they go to school. There are kids aged 4 that go to school in nappies, some still breast feeding, some that cannot count to 10. It's going to be a hell of a task to get these kids to be well rounded adults. They are starting at a disadvantage and will be playing catch up all their lives.

Associate
A quick post and run as this reminds me of a topic i found quite amusing.

On the topic of japan, outside of capitals this happens:

https://www.economist.com/news/asia...em-japanese-voters-want-plan-handle-declining

Demographers reckon Kyushu, the southernmost of Japan’s four main islands, will lose 19% of its people by 2040. Over the same period the share of Japan’s population over the age of 65 will rise to 35%, compared with 28% today. The median age will rise by almost seven years, to 54. Although Fukuoka is still growing, thanks to immigration from smaller towns and villages, Kitakyushu, the island’s second city, saw its population shrink by 1.5% (15,000 people) in the five years to 2015. Some villages are so depopulated that locals have decorated them with mannequins to provide a semblance of activity.

Associate
OP
Heads up for anyone who doesn't know and isn't documentaryophobic.

These figures (and issues behind it) are being discussed on Ch4 right now. You can catch it at 9.00pm on Ch4 plus 1.

Or see the repeat on Friday morning (Thursday nightish).

I love threads like this. The virtue signalling and xenophobia is amazing, please, do carry on :D

You and your imagined phobias, eh. What are yer like!

No **** Sherlock, how many millions did this report cost? Just walk through any town in the UK.

People want scientifically arrived at data, not just people's general impressions, Doctor Watson.

its funny how you didnt understand what i said, and utterly failed to comment on it.
you do realize supply is massively artificially restricted in the uk, as is the price massively raised.
Hows everyone going to cope, if we got rid of immigrants and the economy totally collapses, but you ignore that in your utterly blinkered world.

It's about controlling immigration. Half a million immigrants come in each year. They are NOT all doctors and nurses as the Guardianistas try to make out.

And importing ignorance and poverty does the country no benefit. It does harm. A lot of harm!

Geddit, now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
It's about controlling immigration. Half a million immigrants come in each year. They are NOT all doctors and nurses as the Guardianistas try to make out.

And importing ignorance and poverty does the country no benefit. It does harm. A lot of harm!

Geddit, now?
nope, poverty and ignorance, stats say otherwise. No one said they are all nurses. so do you get it yet? that you make up BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom