• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
Okay folks, last night we released Crimson 17.10.3 which address two very important bug fixes in Destiny 2 and Wolfenstein 2.

Wolfenstein will get patched soon, AMD users are absolutely going to want this patch to maximise our already excellent performance.

Soldato
Okay folks, last night we released Crimson 17.10.3 which address two very important bug fixes in Destiny 2 and Wolfenstein 2.

Wolfenstein will get patched soon, AMD users are absolutely going to want this patch to maximise our already excellent performance.

Nice, look forward to it :)

Soldato

Sweet I start my play through when this drops them. Any idea how long it will take?

Associate
@AMDMatt can we have a way of removing all profiles from the radon settings, no way i am manually removing over 100 profiles. this is especially useful as when it auto adds the 100's of profile on clean install. radeon settings runs like crap with that many profiles...

for anybody else getting silly slow downs in radeon settings due to hundreds of profiles and not wanting to remove them all manually, the following works to hide them all.

Taskmanger > Kill Radeon Settings: Host Application

navigating to %LOCALAPPDATA%\AMD\CN
Opening gmdb.blb with Notepad++
Do a Replace from the Search menu

Replace all "hidden": "FALSE"
With "hidden": "TRUE"

Restart Radeon Settings

Open up the Gaming Panel in Radeon Settings to check if all Profiles are gone, you should be left with only "Global Settings" in that panel.

Soldato
Noted.

If you enable desktop recording and run the game in windowed mode, it will record.

Thanks but I like to run full screen.

for anybody else getting silly slow downs in radeon settings due to hundreds of profiles and not wanting to remove them all manually, the following works to hide them all.

Taskmanger > Kill Radeon Settings: Host Application

navigating to %LOCALAPPDATA%\AMD\CN
Opening gmdb.blb with Notepad++
Do a Replace from the Search menu

Replace all "hidden": "FALSE"
With "hidden": "TRUE"

Restart Radeon Settings

Open up the Gaming Panel in Radeon Settings to check if all Profiles are gone, you should be left with only "Global Settings" in that panel.

Good information thanks.

Soldato
I haven't updated my RX480 (16.11.5) drivers for a while but I'm going to reinstall Windows 7 this weekend and was wondering which driver version is the most stable or should I stick to 16.11.5 as it hasn't given me any problems on Overwatch, CSGO and Rocket League.
Still on 17.4.4 for Overwatch here with my RX 480, works perfectly. Some others are using 17.7.1, most of the current issues were introduced in 17.7.2.

Soldato
Currently playing through Wolfenstein The New order but my Vega 56 isn't boosting properly, core only goes to 1000-1100mhz and hbm to 800mhz. All other games I've tried it boosts to atleast 1600mhz and 1100mhz hbm. Due to this I'm only getting 40-60fps. Tried 17.10.2 and 17.10.3 drivers.

Anyone know to a way to get it to boost properly?

Soldato
Currently playing through Wolfenstein The New order but my Vega 56 isn't boosting properly, core only goes to 1000-1100mhz and hbm to 800mhz. All other games I've tried it boosts to atleast 1600mhz and 1100mhz hbm. Due to this I'm only getting 40-60fps. Tried 17.10.2 and 17.10.3 drivers.

Anyone know to a way to get it to boost properly?

Wolfenstein TNO is generally a poor performer on AMD cards even though many have been asking for a fix.
I've tried playing TNO with my Vega64 and I get horrible low GPU usage, Stuttering, CTD, AMD have needed to take a proper look at that game since it came out and work with the devs to make a little fix for quite some time but I don't think they ever will.

Soldato
Wolfenstein TNO is generally a poor performer on AMD cards even though many have been asking for a fix.
I've tried playing TNO with my Vega64 and I get horrible low GPU usage, Stuttering, CTD, AMD have needed to take a proper look at that game since it came out and work with the devs to make a little fix for quite some time but I don't think they ever will.

Oh well, guess i'll struggle on then. Perfomance is no better than on my old 290x

Back
Top Bottom