Acid attacks

Associate
Drop them off a bridge with some rope and see if he loses his head or not, I don't care if he's 14 and neither does the victim that will probably lose his sight.

Two eyes for an eye, who cares about an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind rubbish.
Drag them into the woods and force them to dig a hole, when they are finished put a bullet in the back of their head and get the next one to fill the hole in.

Associate
I do not have an answer. In my day mugging was a chip to the chin and you either handed over your wallet or fought back with the net effect being a few bruises and that was that. The increase in knife crime astounded me, as personally the very thought of inserting an object into someone’s body makes me feel quite queasy.

Now the method is throwing a substance which can be absurdly life changing. I cannot fathom the mentality behind this or how it has surfaced. Something is very wrong with our society, specifically with our younger generations which embark on these activities without a care in the world as to the effects they have upon their victims.

Utterly incomprehensible.
I live in a relatively quiet town in the north west but recently we have had a spate of knife crime. It turns out that the perpetrators all hail from a nearby city. They have all been banned from the city centre for previous offenses and risk instant arrest if they set foot in there. So now they run amok in my town and we've had a number of murders including the hit and run killing of a 4 year old girl by a joyrider doing 90mph in a school area.

There is a bubbling undercurrent here amongst residents about getting organized.

Caporegime
Disgusting. One of the worst and quickest ways to ruin someones life. I don't doubt that the media attention has given people the idea too. Acid isn't something that comes to mind a few years ago.

Agree. Kid should never get out of prison. This type of crime deserves the severest of punishments

Associate
People will just move away. They call it white flight for a reason and very soon they will be wondering why other ethnic groups who have come here to actually work and improve their lives are suddenly deciding not to.

Britain is going to suffer a massive brain drain in the coming decades and it is going to be catastrophic. I have a career that is desired all over the world and am already itching to go. It's just about convincing the other half that life would be better on the other side of the planet.

Soldato
There is a bubbling undercurrent here amongst residents about getting organized.
I recall when I lived on the Brunswick Centre in the 70/80’s; there was a strong neighbourhood watch movement. Everyone looked out for everyone else and their kids. As soon as undesirables turned up; whether it be solvent/glue abusers or basic “wronguns'” wanting to smash and grab. The local crowd showed up and the local crowd won.

I’m not into vigilantism but a strong community and a neighbourhood watch movement can work.

Associate
Normally when people purchase chemicals there is a purpose - usually hauling carrier bags from a supermarket or local DIY/Garden Centre.

If its an individuals line of employment, they will drive a van or a legitimate employer will validate any purchase.

A 'youth' riding a cycle/moped or walking down a path... :confused:

Associate
I can't remember the name of the study but I remember the summary of it was if police let smaller crimes like graffiti and smashing windows slide it snowballs as potential criminals are encouraged to turn it up a notch. Clamp down hard and early on the misdemeanors and more serious crime is less likely to occur.

It is called the Broken Windows Theory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

A big advocate of it was William Bratton, who was head of the New York Police. You might not be aware, but in 2011 David Cameron was seriously considering appointing Bratton as the head of the Metropolitan Police Service. This was blocked by the Home Office who said that the role should be filled by a British Citizen. Wonder who was Home Secretary in 2011? Hey well done, Theresa May. Wonder what would have happened had Bratton been in charge.

Associate
I recall when I lived on the Brunswick Centre in the 70/80’s; there was a strong neighbourhood watch movement. Everyone looked out for everyone else and their kids. As soon as undesirables turned up; whether it be solvent/glue abusers or basic “wronguns'” wanting to smash and grab. The local crowd showed up and the local crowd won.

I’m not into vigilantism but a strong community and a neighbourhood watch movement can work.
I have a lot of admiration for the Indian communities. You see it when trouble starts on a street with a density of Indian business owners and they all just come out and back each other up. You see videos of about 20 of them just pinning a yob to the ground and waiting for the police.

We Britons have lost that community spirit. Since the 80s it's just eroded away with the onslaught of consumerism, everyone is just out for themselves now. As well as that people are afraid to get organised, the police would be pretty quick to shut that down.

Associate
If the police and the CPS are consistently failing to do their jobs then eventually it will come down to the mob. Mobs exist because the law is not being enforced correctly. The public demands justice and if it is not seen to be done then the public will eventually dispense it themselves

Soldato
The law has become way to lax in modern times. So people are pushing the boundaries.

The punishment for this should be having the same done to them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom