Aorus Owner's Lounge

Soldato
That is a bummer i really hoped we would have a simple fix for you :(.

If you are comfortable with taking the back off the laptop and unplugging the battery & cmos then that would be my next step. Seems that unplugging the battery is usually quite a common fix for laptops that have strange issues going on. I did this with my Aorus X5 V6 when it wouldn't boot/power up at all. But that turned out to be the power brick.

Associate
I own an Aorus 17.3" X7 v6-PC3D. I've repasted the CPU/GPU before, and this time I am trying with a liquid metal paste. I would like to replace the paste that are on the VRMs on this model with proper thermal pads, does anyone have a diagram, or know what pad thickness would be suitable?

Also another odd question... Do you know the torque specifications for the screws on the CPU? Mine are stripped and ill have to replace them, and I don't want to overdo it. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me please. In the last couple of days I've noticed quite a bit of pixelation on websites, games etc. I thought it might just be the driver, so I've reinstalled it with no luck.

I have a X7 DT v7. The pic below will give you an idea of what I mean by pixelation. Any ideas what could be causing this? I cant think of anything that has changed that might have.

Y28TAR4.png

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me please. In the last couple of days I've noticed quite a bit of pixelation on websites, games etc. I thought it might just be the driver, so I've reinstalled it with no luck.

I have a X7 DT v7. The pic below will give you an idea of what I mean by pixelation. Any ideas what could be causing this? I cant think of anything that has changed that might have.

Hi UTTER_FILTH,

We have forwarded your post to product team to see if they have any suggestions - but from the image we cannot identify the pixilation issue you refer to - image looks crisp and clear even when expanded,,,,, or is it our aging eyes?

Please advise.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi UTTER_FILTH,

We have forwarded your post to product team to see if they have any suggestions - but from the image we cannot identify the pixilation issue you refer to - image looks crisp and clear even when expanded,,,,, or is it our aging eyes?

Please advise.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Hi @Atom80,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've taken a pic of my screen with my mobile phone, I hope this shows the issue a bit better. The only way I can describe it is the gradient of the background from black to grey is really blocky. I've tried playing around with the monitor settings and can get a slight improvement, but its definitely still there.

SfdZCDC.jpg.png

Associate
Not to sound funky here or anything, i have just found that exact wallpaper on google and the image is absolute garbage, blocky and un smooth. ( try a different wallpaper )

Yeah I agree it’s a poor quality pic, but it showed the issue really well. It also shows blockyness on the overclockers website and any other website or pic that has a black / grey gradient. It shows up in some sections of Arkham Knight game.

Soldato
Guys, I'm looking to purchase but have some questions:

1. Can someone tell me which is the preferred screen to have on the X5 V7, 4k or 3k?

I've read about screen-bleeding and poor brightness distribution on the WXHD panel... but that was just one review. I only going to use it for browsing and gaming, but I want the display to be reasonably colour accurate and sharp.

2. With the 4k panel, would I also suffer image quality if I have to run games at lower resolutions and when scaling in Windows?

3. I was originally going to purchase a Razer as the laptop is slim and the build quality seems very good. The Aorus seems better value, but is the build quality on a similar level?

Thanks,

n

Associate
im in the same boat, was going for the new razer pro 17" as its rather sexy... but its more expensive and only has a 1060.

So looks like for me the Aorus X7 v7 CF2 is the way forward...

Associate
Yeah I agree it’s a poor quality pic, but it showed the issue really well. It also shows blockyness on the overclockers website and any other website or pic that has a black / grey gradient. It shows up in some sections of Arkham Knight game.

Check your gamma settings. Maybe try a different ICC calibration file or disabling the one you're using. Sometimes bad settings can cause the dark colors to look blocky and pixelated. I had a self-calibrated file on an old laptop of mine and low light videos looked awful. Disabling the calibration fixed the issue.

Associate
Hi Guys, also looking to buy X5 V7, in addition to the questions raised above on the screen resolution want to ask of the existing owners' personal experience with the thermal. Is it comfortable to be used on laps, how is the cooling solution in general?

Another question - can see them on Amazon for ~£1900 - is that a reputable source, or should be avoided? Any hints on the best place to purchase would be appreciated. As I can see the prices for UHD and WQHD are pretty much the same, hence the topic on screen resolution would dictate the decision.

Ps. Unfortunately current pricing on OC is above the market, so can't consider them.

Associate
Oh, and another question - would it make sense to replace the X5 power supply with more powerful one from the X7? Or they are the same?
(Provided the X5 would be placed on the cooling pad to avoid overheating).

Associate
I should be receiving my my gigabyte X7 V7 this weekend. I been trying to look for a hard cover or some sort of protector for when im travelling.

@Atom80 are there any hard shell type covers available? i used to have them for my apple laptops.

Cheers

R

Back
Top Bottom