Good lease deals on less than great cars

Soldato
Difference is with the Elise they aren't depreciating much so you could get a few years out of it and still have something worth almost what you paid at the end. You need to fund it initially, but the cost of ownership is actually relatively low, certainly nothing like the £200pm on the Spider.

It's a good deal on the 124 Spider though, to drive a new car for a couple of years.

Soldato
I'm probably too old for their target market but the Abarth 124 looks really bad to me and I couldn't have one of the OTT Abarth exhausts without feeling a bit self concious about it. I loved the new MX-5 when I took one out though so if it drives as well as that you should find yourself having plenty of fun with it.

After having to shell out £900 on repairs on my wifes car I'm starting to be tempted by a lease if my employer allows my request to take an allowance rather than a car. 18k a year is my issue though as the decent lease deals don't come near that level of use. Then again if I do lots of overseas work that could halve but I have no idea when signing up to a deal. With all the uncertainty I'm still swaying more towards plan A of buying a <3 year old example and running it for 3 years.

Associate
Difference is with the Elise they aren't depreciating much so you could get a few years out of it and still have something worth almost what you paid at the end. You need to fund it initially, but the cost of ownership is actually relatively low, certainly nothing like the £200pm on the Spider.

It's a good deal on the 124 Spider though, to drive a new car for a couple of years.
this is also my thinking. Also with the new lardier replacement for the Elise to penciled in for 2020 we may see that even more so. It's a choice to make, and will probably be more telling when i get my bum in both.

I'll report back....

Soldato
so currently i'm on a 24 month lease which is up in march. I'm getting married in may and so stashing cash for that. I had originally planned on a Lotus Elise towards the end on next year, the with the power of advertising, Abarth made me stop and have a look at a deal they are offering....

124spider special (the lower spec (still has the monza exhaust tho)) 24+6 at 199 a month.... I have booked a test drive for friday afternoon... is that a keen price? it's not that much more than my current lease, (150/m 24+3) for a red edition fiesta.

pro's, con's?
Just got an email from my fairly local branch, they're offering a 9+23 lease at £179 a month on the Abarth model. Seems like a much better deal than the aforementioned?

Soldato
I've been looking on contracthireandleasing, when it says "In stock" do they really mean the car is in stock, and I'd be able to get a car quickly? Or is it just a way for the broker to get more enquiries?

Soldato
I think it is normally between 14 and 21 days.

I think it would typically be in stock at the manufacturer's VSC.

This.

We often deal with in stock vehicles (at work) and if they rush it through then it's normally about 10 days.

You wait 2 days for an answer and then 3 come along at once! Thanks guys.

My SLK is 20 years old next year and starting to fall apart. And with a kidney transplant also in the works, I think a new car is the way to go. Don't want a call from the hospital in the middle of the night and the car doesnt start.

Soldato
I've been looking on contracthireandleasing, when it says "In stock" do they really mean the car is in stock, and I'd be able to get a car quickly? Or is it just a way for the broker to get more enquiries?
It means the car is pre-registered and is ready to be delivery PROVIDED you don't change the colour and spec.

Soldato
It means the car is pre-registered and is ready to be delivery PROVIDED you don't change the colour and spec.

That's fine as I wouldn't know what options to choose anyway. Coming from such an old car, even the most basic of specs is going to be a major step up. And a white car isn't the end of the world to me either.

Thanks for your input.

Soldato
Doesnt mean it has to be pre-registered. It may or may not be, but it should be in the country. The last 3 cars i've been looking at over the last 2 weeks for the wife have been Mini Clubman Cooper D (Pre-registered March 2017, 10k pa), BMW 218d SE (Pre-registered on a '17 plate, 8k pa) and a Ford Focus 1.5 TDCi ST Line (not pre-registered but availble for delivery in 2-4 weeks, 10k pa). Mini was 3 + 23 for £205, BMW was 3 + 35 for £219 and the Focus is 3 + 35 for £202 (inc. metallic paint for free choice of 3 colours). Missed out on the Mini and BMW so will probably end up with the focus

Soldato
I don't know if I can get the finances in place in time but looking today I have seen an Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0 TB 280 Veloce for £257.50 Per Month, INC VAT. Rental Profile 9+23. Which to me sounds like a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom