[PIC_THREAD] Wildlife, Animals, Birds, Zoo

Soldato
I've made a bit of a mess of that post, this "I didn't think I'd got this one!" refers to the shot of her taking off. Didn't see it until I'd opened Lightroom.
The park was very quiet today as far as the rut goes although I did get chased away after taking these shots, just didn't see the stag creeping up behind me!

Soldato
Sorry - still can't figure out how to embed flickr urls..
Open the picture in Flickr, select the middle arrow on the bottom right. It's curved and "open". Left click it and select BBCode, you'll then be presented with a choice of sizes, highlight the size you want to display, copy and then paste it in the window of your post.

Nuthatch by mack100, on Flickr

Andy, lovely Woody!

Soldato
@footman where i bushy park did you see the kestrel? Been there plenty and only seen clearly once - by a house near teddington gate.

And did you see the huthatch in bushy park too?
The kestrel is often seen in the area to the north west of the Diana fountain. It's a open area bounded to the south by a stream and to the north by the Plantation gardens. The nuthatch was seen in the Warnham nature reserve, Horsham.

Soldato
First photos posted in a long while. I bought myself a Nikon to Fuji adapter so I could use my old lenses with my XT10. Considering this is my first go at "wildlife" (*if you can call the deer in Richmond Park wild!), and probably first time using MF, I thought I did ok to get a few keepers? :confused: Wildlife has never been my bag, but nice to know I can give it a whirl now. Even if it's only with my cheapo Sigma 70-300mm.

The stag would not stand still (chasing the women I think) and there were people behind who kept getting in shot. Didn't quite get a good pose but hey.

DSCF2438 by Scam, on Flickr

DSCF2435 by Scaml, on Flickr

DSCF2401 by Scam, on Flickr

And this little guy had just fought off a rival..
DSCF2391 by Scam, on Flickr

Soldato
26084391737_b090eb0f63_b.jpg

White tailed deer, Upper New York State

40915016682_fab1ab877e_b.jpg

another white tailed

26084398547_dfeeaf5417_b.jpg

Junco, Upper New York State

Back
Top Bottom