The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Soldato
I hate the hypocrisy over height.

Saying guys are shallow but insisting on but being taller

Both are personal preference. Don't pretend you're all high and mighty when your aren't.

I don't like it either, women who shoot a guy down for something they have no control over, such as height. But mention you prefer slimmer and younger women you get evils from them.

Age they have no control over but weight..... well... dress size 8 to 10 is my preference :)

Soldato
I was on a date tonight through OkCupid and my date told me that the strangest message she'd received had told her that her elbows were too pointy. I immediately thought of this forum.

Are pointy elbows exclusive to OCUK or is this an Internet thing I'm not aware of. Anyone care to confess?

It's an internet joke. You see a picture of an otherwise gorgeous woman, and in an effort to find some irrelevant reason why you wouldn't date them or why you dumped them, then answer is "elbows too pointy". It really means that there is no reason, you just didn't want to date her because you don't want to make the effort, take the risk, can't be asked, etc. It's a silly reason that just means "because", but somehow puts the blame on the other person for a nonsensical failing.

Soldato
I was on a date tonight through OkCupid and my date told me that the strangest message she'd received had told her that her elbows were too pointy. I immediately thought of this forum.

Are pointy elbows exclusive to OCUK or is this an Internet thing I'm not aware of. Anyone care to confess?
Hahah don't know where it started but I first saw it on the bodybuilding.com forums years ago.

2/10 Elbows too pointy, would not bang

On an unrelated note I finally gave in and reinstalled tinder again a few days ago. Shouldn't have bothered , it's just as awful as it was last time I used it!

Man of Honour
Can't beat a bit of validation that people still want them
This seems so prevalent in today's society. But the reality is that life can be so much better if you genuinely stop caring what others think of you (I don't mean be arrogant, just that you don't let other people's views/opinions affect you negatively).

It really is true that people should build their own life first and everything else should follow.

Associate
Yep once you stop caring life is so much better friends think I am crazy going out to eat on my own apparently that is not normal sigh

Soldato
Yep once you stop caring life is so much better friends think I am crazy going out to eat on my own apparently that is not normal sigh
Actually that's BS - I have absolutely no issues going to restaurants on my own and I've seen plenty of other guys eating solo. I've even been told by waiters that it's a more common thing these days, so it's not "weird". :) Read a book or newspaper while you wait so you're not a sad phone zombie in the corner, though.

I usually have a group of friends I can call upon for eating out but if no-one's up for it, I go anyway. Most of the places I go to, I end up bumping into someone I know anyhow. :D

Associate
Actually that's BS - I have absolutely no issues going to restaurants on my own and I've seen plenty of other guys eating solo. I've even been told by waiters that it's a more common thing these days, so it's not "weird". :) Read a book or newspaper while you wait so you're not a sad phone zombie in the corner, though.

I usually have a group of friends I can call upon for eating out but if no-one's up for it, I go anyway. Most of the places I go to, I end up bumping into someone I know anyhow. :D

I was reading on my phone :(

Associate
I don't have time for that, I did sent a picture of the menu to my friend as he likes the same place but he was been whipped by his women

Don
I eat alone quite often due to travelling a lot with work. I don't want to sit in the Hotel bar on my own all evening, i'll find somewhere nice to eat and take my book.

I won't judge anyone for doing the same thing, regardless of whether they are away from home or not

Soldato
I don't have time for that, I did sent a picture of the menu to my friend as he likes the same place but he was been whipped by his women
Good thing about being on your own and not having to pay for a date/other-half is that you can push the boat out and treat yourself to that nice red they have on the wine list. :D

Soldato
Good thing about being on your own and not having to pay for a date/other-half is that you can push the boat out and treat yourself to that nice red they have on the wine list. :D

Why wouldn’t you just get what you want anyway even when on a date? I wouldn’t let it stop me having something expensive :p

Soldato
Why wouldn’t you just get what you want anyway even when on a date? I wouldn’t let it stop me having something expensive :p
Trying to be sensible these days in all honesty but yeah you do have to push the boat out on the odd occasion. :)

I'd not pay for a date anyways, if they won't go 50/50 then that's not the sort of person I want to be with. Done with that! :)

Soldato
Don't forget they want a nice but always end up with a chad, I wonder why?

Funny you say that, im currently at a Serbian wedding with my "friend" and I have been chatting to her mate. She was talking about how she's 32, single, never been married, no kids because she always falls for the bad boys. She deserves a round of applause at least she's honest enough to admit her mistakes, not many females back in the UK would admit that.

Back
Top Bottom