Mac OS High Sierra available from 25/9

Soldato
Only issue I've come across is my 3d performance dropped off a cliff since I did the update, completely killed Civ6 on a game save that was working before the update. Anyone got a fix for the 650 drivers or is rilling back to Sierra the best move?

Associate
Seems quite slow booting my mid 2013 retina MBP compared to before, but once it's booted it seem fine, no issues so far, other than that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I've been running High Sierra since release date, and I've had zero issues with it. Mail seems a lot more stable, and is stored in a much more compact format (less than half the size on disk, if I remember rightly).

Man of Honour
I've had a few freezes. Audio still plays but mouse + keyboard are non responsive until I hard reboot.

Just now my screen went black and I was logged out. Logged back in and neither macOS or Chrome notified me about any crashes. :confused:

Soldato
200w.gif

Soldato
Updated one of my Mac Minis at the weekend ... and been having fun and games with it ever since ...

- Really irritatingly it's not picking up mouse double clicks properly in Finder so it can take multiple attempts to get into folders now ... never had this issue on the system before.
- Booting from cold and there is a 50/50 chance of wired ethernet reporting "cable unplugged" (with multiple cables and switch ports) requiring a shutdown and pulling of the power completely for a minute or so to fix.
- Feels generally slower overall (with 8GB and a SSD)

Soldato
Seems to have fixed my iMessages not syncing between my phone and my Mac, thank god, touch wood.

I’ve had so many issues due to miscommunications because they appeared on my Mac, but not my phone, so I never saw them.

Back
Top Bottom