How far is your commute to work?

Associate
I’m now a 12 min walk. Before that it was a 20 min drive and before that just over an hour drive.

Remember to factor in all of your time lost when working out the pay. 8 hour days into 11 it would need to be a 50% payrise to fund that amount of travel.

I will always aim to commute less than 30 mins. I don’t want to have spent my life commuting.

Caporegime
16 miles, 40 minutes because Stratford and Warwick are car parks in rush hour. Huge volumes of traffic along an A road with lots of little junctions without turning lanes. Then they built a massive technology park with insufficient flow in and out of it.

I wouldn't accept a longer commute really. I already find this boring and frustrating enough. I try and work from home one day per week, which helps.

Soldato
Currently 9 miles along one of the busiest and worst bottleneck bus routes in the country, takes me between 70-90m on a good day.

Come January, it will take me about 2 and a half minutes, as I am moving into the city centre.

Underboss
12 miles mostly A roads and dual carriageways, can take anywhere from 15mins to 45min depending on time of day, school holidays, weather: acts of God et al

Soldato
North East London to near LHR 5 days a week.

Driving isn’t an option for a 9-5 job as both M25 and A406 are carparks at peak times.

Combination of Tube, rail and bus averages 1h 30 each way on a normal day. When it all falls apart, it has taken me 4 hours to get home before now.

When I started this job 9 years ago, I was working in Reading which was a similar commute, bot cost £550 a month rather than the £210 I pay now.

Back
Top Bottom