**The Official Star Wars Battlefront II Thread (PC)**

Its like EA want the bad publicity? Is this still 'there is no such thing as bad publicity'?

Just looking at this thread, and while knowing that EA are absolutely taking the **** people are still pre-ordering the game.

Okay no paid for game should have micro-transactions that give an advantage to the player. If people want to pay for this years latest pinstripe combat suite than that is their own dumb choice, but no such transactions should given them an advantage in a paid for game.

Soldato
Everybody complaining about this crap that has been going on for years, it started by releasing incomplete games for full price and then charging more money to get the game in DLC, then gamble boxes came along (yes they're gambling boxes because everybody gets them for the chance of rare loot in them not for the trash you get 99% of the time) to rake in yet more money whilst grinding away the fun from the game in order to coerce people to buying these "addons" in order to pay for fun.

Who's to blame ? The moron gamers paying full price and pre ordering before they even know what the game is going to be like just because they're too impatient to wait and need to be first and because they're so dumb they keep falling for this crap.

Can't really blame a company for taking advantage of idiots and their loose pockets when they're basically real life Fry's saying "shut up and take my money"

Soldato
Who's to blame ? The moron gamers paying full price and pre ordering before they even know what the game is going to be like just because they're too impatient to wait and need to be first and because they're so dumb they keep falling for this crap.

Can't really blame a company for taking advantage of idiots and their loose pockets when they're basically real life Fry's saying "shut up and take my money"

You're getting mixed up now between Early access and P2w! The gambling boxes statement is correct. This is finished, nearly polished AAA. The base game works great (at beta)... the issues is the p2w

Soldato
The game isn't finished at all goon.. if you don't know what I mean by that you obviously haven't read much Reddit.

Mate i've been a mug for pc games since 2006.... I've simply had enough. Nothing ever changes, people talk about action. i've joined in reddit blast as much as possible.... Nothing will change.... I've nothing to play and like star wars.

The end. I suck, i am a dirty sell out *****.... i accept and apologise.... My £44 will be well spent as i really enjoyed the beta and am looking forward to the SP. If and when i get hammered by some kid on daddy's wallet i might change my mind.

Soldato
It gets even better. They put a cooldown timer on arcade mode to limit how many credits you get from it. The timer seems to increase each time you hit it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...e_is_a_cooldown_on_earning_credits_in_arcade/

Doesn't matter, as shown in thread people will still buy it no matter what this company does to extort cash from them. If they don't make cash off it by making good games they'll just kill off the franchise out of spite I reckon. Even those who are buying it are just perpetuating the problem because now when they break even they'll consider it a success, bin the franchise and walk away.

Best thing that could have happened would have been for EA to lose financially on this, now even the star wars fans are helping to destroy it

Soldato
A bit surprised to see people saying they're boycotting this nonsense and sticking with Tarkov.

I looked at it a while back, looked good.... Then saw the pricing page, the most blatant pay2win setup I've ever seen! Pay a hundred bucks and start our survival shooter with a massively larger gear stash full of weaponry....

Soldato
Doesn't matter, as shown in thread people will still buy it no matter what this company does to extort cash from them. If they don't make cash off it by making good games they'll just kill off the franchise out of spite I reckon. Even those who are buying it are just perpetuating the problem because now when they break even they'll consider it a success, bin the franchise and walk away.

Best thing that could have happened would have been for EA to lose financially on this, now even the star wars fans are helping to destroy it

I agree.... Hasn't stopped me buying it!

Think the be all and end all will be how much money they make from loot boxes. The base game i think is worth the price tag..... Time will tell how many idiots buy it!

PC gamers are little bit more aware, but we but a tiny dwindling force.... Console's are where they make their money! which is why i've just bought it!

Last edited:
Soldato
A bit surprised to see people saying they're boycotting this nonsense and sticking with Tarkov.

I looked at it a while back, looked good.... Then saw the pricing page, the most blatant pay2win setup I've ever seen! Pay a hundred bucks and start our survival shooter with a massively larger gear stash full of weaponry....

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID TO MY MATES!!!!!!!

They have loads of guns they can just jump in with and lose.... thus giving them a major upper hand

Soldato

unfortunate. Well indie games will keep me going for now.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
OP

Heres a leak of the new controller....

325smhk7fyxz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom