*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Thanks! Couldn't get them from Amazon JP as they only had them on 3rd party sellers (who won't ship globally) - sourced some at Play Asia though, same price as the UK + delivery, they do look nice

Ah, they used to have them direct from Amazon.

The Mario Red are by far my favourite ones. They add a bit of colour without making it look like you're playing with a toy for six year olds when using it on the train. Green and pink are nice in the privacy of my own home :p

Associate
Those who have returned the Switch for repair, if they swap out the unit do they transfer the data to the replacement Switch? Bought mine from Argos I think but thinking of sending this to Nintendo to get the WiFi sorted.

Mine has the WiFi issue where I can't be more than 3.8cm aware from the router and it drops the connection. I play docked 90% of the time because of it and bought a USB Ethernet adaptor. Delayed sending it back as earlier in the Switch's release cycle people were stating that they were losing their data and purchases not swapped over to the new hardware etc. Is this still the case or will they data transfer, only thing putting me off sending this thing in.

Associate
Rocket League, my review: The jaggies are real. :(

It looks very, very jarring when comparing it to the other platform experiences. Lower resolution, no anti-aliasing and reduced effects results in a really crude graphical experience. I'm quite disappointed by what they've delivered here. It almost looks like a game from the PS2 era.

Yes. It's very smooth and does look like 60fps handheld with minimal drops, which is more important than looks in this game. It's somewhat amazing to have this title handheld.. but... yeah, it's rather ugly.

Definitely the worst looking game I've yet to encounter on the Switch, which makes it even more surprising and disappointing to a degree, as everything else I've experienced on the Switch has been beautiful.

I guess beauty is only skin deep?! Hmm.. no. This surely has room for improvement.

Yeah, they seem to have phoned this one in. It runs fine but looks really bad and i'm finding the jaggies quite distracting

Caporegime
Sad about Rocket League, it’s about as undemanding as games get so it sounds like a half assed attempt. I’ll wait to see if it gets fixed. If Skrim is running on the Switch with that awful Creation Engine then RL should be a walk in the park.

Soldato
Sad about Rocket League, it’s about as undemanding as games get so it sounds like a half assed attempt. I’ll wait to see if it gets fixed. If Skrim is running on the Switch with that awful Creation Engine then RL should be a walk in the park.

There's a lot physics in play with Rocket League...I wouldn't be so dismissive of the demands to be honest.

Caporegime
I get the impression that they had set a release date and ran out of time. They got it running at 60fps which is great. But graphically it needs further optimization from what I've seen reported. The devs also stated that they will continue working on it to improve the graphics. From what I read before they have to stop working on it about 6 weeks before the release date before going live with it.

Man of Honour
Fair enough I've never played Rocket League on PS4/PC, etc as when I realised it was coming on the Switch I thought it was the perfect platform for it.
Personally I don't have any issue with the graphics and if its something they can optimise later then fine, but gameplay wise this is great fun, I spent hours last night attempting to hit the ball, and yeah its not super pretty but it does run brilliantly.

Caporegime
Fair enough I've never played Rocket League on PS4/PC, etc as when I realised it was coming on the Switch I thought it was the perfect platform for it.
Personally I don't have any issue with the graphics and if its something they can optimise later then fine, but gameplay wise this is great fun, I spent hours last night attempting to hit the ball, and yeah its not super pretty but it does run brilliantly.
It's a game I want to pick up at some point as many people say its a heck of a lot of fun and addictive. Need to play Splatoon 2 to death first, but for that I need to finish Mario as well :p

Soldato
I've been playing Rocket League since the summer of 2015 pretty much daily, both across a standard PS4 and, since it's release, the PS4 Pro. I fired up the game on the Switch last night and I had a load of fun with it.

There's some drops in frames every now and then (happened once every game, I played around 7 games), but the gameplay feels tight and pretty much on par with the PS4. I really couldn't care less about the graphics so long as it plays well, and it does. And remember I've got no axe to grind, I'll play whichever version is switched on in front of me/which gaming friends I wish to play with.

Do not dismiss RL on the Switch if you're thinking about picking it up.

Man of Honour
It's a game I want to pick up at some point as many people say its a heck of a lot of fun and addictive. Need to play Splatoon 2 to death first, but for that I need to finish Mario as well :p

I forgot I had bought Splatoon! Picked it up at the point I realised I was having Joycon and Wifi issues and never got into it, replacement Switch arrived yesterday (with working Joycons!) and a much better Wifi Signal so will need to try it again!

Back
Top Bottom