Christmas presents

Soldato
Already done over a grand on her and its not even December yet! Heavy hitters currently include Pixel 2 XL and jewelry. Clothing and smellies to follow ....
Whoa! that's pretty high maintenance. You should have stuck to a 'hoover' and a few 'cookery' books. Talk about making a rod for your own back.

Caporegime
I used to worry about this year on year, but after a while I became aware that whatever I purchased for the missus was subject to criticism (irrespective of financial value).

So in short I gave up and now I tend to take her on a spending spree in a shopping mall just prior or post Xmas and let her get what she wants.

I would not marry someo like this!
Luckily I'm not really fussed on presents as my gf doesn' earn much so I won't get anything more than 50. (I had hinted I wanted 80 quid lego set but too much)

I'l probably spend 200ish (as it's birthday and Christmas) which will include

Jewellery, probably etsy.
Board game,
Other undecided things.

I'l try and do some creative stuff as this seems to go down well.

Caporegime
Hello guys ! Good evening , I was thinking already in advance about Christmas haha still far away but I would like to start thinking about presents for my girlfriend, write it down here your ideas and what you always buying as a present for Christmas for you wife or your girlfriend, can be friends or even family also !

Treat yourself to a new girlfriend?
Then no need to buy a gift as you'l still be on dating phase! :p

Win win!

Associate
Hello guys ! Good evening , I was thinking already in advance about Christmas haha still far away but I would like to start thinking about presents for my girlfriend, write it down here your ideas and what you always buying as a present for Christmas for you wife or your girlfriend, can be friends or even family also !

Bought my mom a google home speaker (full size). She quite likes it. Actually the sound quality, given that it is the size of an air freshener, is surprisingly good. We enjoy the voice controlled functionality.

Soldato
I would not marry someo like this!

Haha well I did

I am kinda easy going really and dont expect much for xmas because its a sort of non event. If I want something throughout the year and I have the funds I buy it.....simples.

The missus is kinda tricky, and I took her out for a spending spree when we hit the US for 6 weeks in the summer. Early birthday present and with me about $4000 out of pocket :(. I did treat myself to a Nintendo Switch and a GTX1080ti while I was out there though, so all good )

Caporegime
Haha well I did

I am kinda easy going really and dont expect much for xmas because its a sort of non event. If I want something throughout the year and I have the funds I buy it.....simples.

The missus is kinda tricky, and I took her out for a spending spree when we hit the US for 6 weeks in the summer. Early birthday present and with me about $4000 out of pocket :(. I did treat myself to a Nintendo Switch and a GTX1080ti while I was out there though, so all good )

Same, don'
expect much for Christmas. But if my gf said or implied what I had bought was 'wrong'.. I would not be happy with my choice of gf/wife.

I guess I like someone who is of same mindset. Where they aren't that materialistic

Caporegime
Same, don'
expect much for Christmas. But if my gf said or implied what I had bought was 'wrong'.. I would not be happy with my choice of gf/wife.

I guess I like someone who is of same mindset. Where they aren't that materialistic

I don't think it's as black and white as that, you're never going to please your partner 100% of the time and you could simply be with someone who doesn't like confrontation or letting people know when they aren't satisfied with something?

More than half of women don't like their engagement ring for example but I bet a good portion of them haven't let on to their fiance or husband/wife about it.

Caporegime
I'm going to propose to my girlfriend with a silly ring and then let her chose a proper one herself.

She doesn't want anything expensive or "blingy" anyway, but I still haven't got a clue.

Man of Honour
I'm assuming you meant to write 'misandry' not 'misogyny. That's a whole heap of abuse on top of the gifts you already bought her. :)
I think he was being ironic. Men are frequently being told their actions are sexist and misogynistic. But few women complain when they are bought gifts, or bought dinner, etc.

Soldato
I'm assuming you meant to write 'misandry' not 'misogyny. That's a whole heap of abuse on top of the gifts you already bought her. :)
Never self-hate in public; unless you're on to a promise with the wanton social leftist elite.
I think he was being ironic. Men are frequently being told their actions are sexist and misogynistic. But few women complain when they are bought gifts, or bought dinner, etc.
Touché at the edge's expense!

Back
Top Bottom