Enhanced DBS Check

Soldato
Hi there

Having never required this level of checking for previous employment, this is all new to me, anyhow needs must especially with the role I've been offered.

This is the current progression:

The DBS Application Form was received by the DBS on 10 Nov 2017. Its current progress is:

Stage 1 (Application Form received and validated): Completed on 10 Nov 2017
Stage 2
(Police National Computer searched): Completed on 14 Nov 2017
Stage 3
(DBS Children, DBS Adults and List 99 searched, where applicable): Completed on 15 Nov 2017
Stage 4
(Records held by the Police search): In Progress
Stage 5
(Certificate Printed): Not Started

Now I have been reading all these horror stories of 2-3 months waiting online for Stage 4 to complete, yet others are done in a matter of days.

I don't want to lose the position I've been offered (employer retracting their offer). Is there nothing I can do to speed things up? Or just sit back and wait? :o

Thanks.

Soldato
Do you not have an email where you need to complete a GBG identification at a relevant post office using passport?

I have an enhanced DBS and that bit I didn't know I had to do until a month later.

TJM

TJM

Associate
There’s nothing that you can do and an employer that uses these sort of checks will wait for them to be completed.

Soldato
OP
Do you not have an email where you need to complete a GBG identification at a relevant post office using passport?

I have an enhanced DBS and that bit I didn't know I had to do until a month later.

I'm not sure what this is?

There’s nothing that you can do and an employer that uses these sort of checks will wait for them to be completed.

But if the waiting process is too long, can the employer legally retract their 'intention to offer' ?

Anyhow I have a File setup by the Employer with my relevant documents (proof of ID), Driving License, proof of address, P60 etc.

Soldato
I had the same issue, mine was coming from Scotland, and was delayed due to the fact I was part of a crowd that was convicted of killing a guy when I was 16, a guy I was with beat him to deathwith a baseball bat,

swear it wasnt me guv

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

The one for my scout group took 3 weeks, the one for a primary school I contract to took 7 weeks and the one for my PGCE took 10 weeks. It's a **** shoot essentially.

You can still start work without the EDBS, you just can't be left alone with or have sole responsibility for any children or vulnerable adults.

Soldato
OP
The one for my scout group took 3 weeks, the one for a primary school I contract to took 7 weeks and the one for my PGCE took 10 weeks. It's a **** shoot essentially.

You can still start work without the EDBS, you just can't be left alone with or have sole responsibility for any children or vulnerable adults.

Well to be fair it's only to become a Hospital Porter.

Perhaps they will want to do things by the book and await the result.

From memory they won't give me the time of day until checks are completed and Certificate to Hand. So I am unable to arrange my first shift until this is all done and dusted.

Associate
After 3 months, Mine was stuck with Met Police. They had a 3 month waiting list. I called them and was very polite and they kindly fast tracked and there bit was done 24 hrs later. They said they don’t even look at them till their obligatory time period (3 months) was up and only if they got chased.

Give it a try

Soldato
Just as a side note, I completed the DBS Application Form online on November 3 and it only took a week for them to receive and validate :o

I've just done one recently, it took just over a week to get the certificate back from them. All sorts of things can effect them though as a colleague who put his in a week before mine got it back a couple of days after I did. I think mine was pretty simple as we've been in the same house for 12 years etc.

Soldato
OP
Would it be worth calling up now? It's only been a about 11 days since stage 4 started. With no movement.

Phoned the 03000 number, everything is where is should be according to 'Louise'

I can't put a chaser up until 60 days has elapsed, long wait now then. Atleast this can be done online.

Employer will have to be understanding.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am a hospital porter mate and when I started I had my check complete, the other guys who didn't could not move patients on their own until theirs cleared, they had no problems doing anything else so I am sure you will be fine.

Soldato
OP
I am a hospital porter mate and when I started I had my check complete, the other guys who didn't could not move patients on their own until theirs cleared, they had no problems doing anything else so I am sure you will be fine.

They strictly won't allow me to even do a shift until they have the green light. *Check complete & Certificate*

Seems they can't be in too much of a rush for extra assistance.

NHS or private Hospital?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom