Formula Boinc 2017

Soldato
OP
I'm trying to load up, getting HTTP & SSL errors and now I can't attach the project.

Clearly the guy picking the project didn't check the project beforehand as you knew PDW that it was acting up before it was announced.

I'm going to give up for tonight.

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
Web site is there and mostly works just very slowly, but it is too slow for Boinc communications and they time out (amongst other errors).

Soldato
I remember you saying you lost your job, did you find another or you waiting till after x-mas now?

lets all sit back till day 3 and watch TaaT drop there bunker :p

Associate
Regarding your slight lead in this latest Sprint event:

dog_1-jpg.jpg

PDW

PDW

Associate
Can upload /can get work.

Web site is still slow, spends a lot of time shaking hands with TLS but once that is done the page loads quickly. You just have to be patient and wait for it to complete the action you clicked on, bit like loading old games when you pressed Load and went to make a cuppa :)

PDW

PDW

Associate
Travis said the IT boys had been playing around doing 'some things'.
I tried for about 3 hours on Wednesday lunch time/afternoon trying to attach a new machine in case CSG was chosen, that couldn't download the master file so I went and tried to pull work for a machine already attached but that didn't work either. It took over 20 minutes to be able to send him a PM saying the site was having problems, once I sent the PM I found that work got pulled and I could attach the new machine straight away so I PM'd him again to thank him for the speedy response saying it still wasn't great but at least things had improved. That was still several hours before the project actually got announced and everyone piled into it.

I still think it is the 'some things' that are causing the problem and not the sprint attention.

PDW

PDW

Associate
The site won't load now but reports that straight away, it suggests someone might be performing advanced diagnostics and testing to determine the cause. If turning it off and on again doesn't work hopefully they'll have some other ideas :D

Back
Top Bottom