AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Associate
Going by the stand I don't think this has a vesa mounting point?
There exist VESA mount adapters which claim to be compatible with the Q3279VWF, made by HumanCentric. Not sure how well they work though.

Which just sounds weird does it not? If it can do 75hz, why limit it to AMD cards? Still, I'll be using this for strategy games mainly, so doesn't matter!
Some monitors support 75 Hz only in FreeSync mode (e.g. HP OMEN 32). I am unsure why. But this monitor seems to support it with all GPUs.

Is this a 60hz or 75hz monitor? Because there are conflicting reports.
According to AOC, it supports 2560x1440 @ 75 Hz over DisplayPort and HDMI.

Oh no it's 65.9 cms tall!
http://eu.aoc.com/en/products/q3279vwf?redirected=true

Can that be right? 65.9 tall by 48.4cm wide doesn't sound right
No, the specs on AOC EU website are very confusing or outright false. Using information from the AOC Asia-Pacific website, the Display Area is 688.88 x 393.12 mm and the total size is 729.6 x 533 x 153.2 mm which seems about right.

Also the "internal" power supply probably isn't, some pictures show a coaxial power connector on the back side which indicates an external power brick.

Associate
I'm very tempted to order one. Will be going from 23" 1080p 60hz to this. I know the size will be massive difference but will the extra 15hz and pixels be worth it?

Ideally want a curved 144hz 1440p but the prices are just too much for me now.

Associate
Been through this thread and people are saying that the 75 Hz is only available through FreeSync with AMD cards. Would it not be possible to OC the monitor with a Nvidia card and easily achieve the 75 Hz?

Just wondering if you guys think this would be viable. I'm interested in this monitor, but just moved from team red to team green, so FreeSync won't benefit me.

Associate
Just ordered one. Hopefully will be an improvement from 23" 1080p 60hz

I am coming from a Samsung TV 22 inch 720p which I've been using for a few years now so this will be a massive step up.
Just watched the review, I am slightly bothered by the blue tinge issue but for 200 pounds it still seems like a good choice for me.

Wonder if this monitor has the low blue light feature like the benq gw2765ht which I was considering before I seen this monitor.

Soldato
I am coming from a Samsung TV 22 inch 720p which I've been using for a few years now so this will be a massive step up.
Just watched the review, I am slightly bothered by the blue tinge issue but for 200 pounds it still seems like a good choice for me.

Wonder if this monitor has the low blue light feature like the benq gw2765ht which I was considering before I seen this monitor.

Maybe ICC profile will help?

Soldato
@Chaos That review was very helpful, thank you. I've pre-ordered as well: its the only Black Friday deal I've gone for anywhere - £200 for that is a steal. I'm going to be using it connected to the work laptop to replace my old NEC. The extra screen resolution at pretty much identical DPI will be very helpful. Don't need to care about viewing angle and I can live with a blue tinge as a code monkey.

Associate
From the specs I think the monitor is alright for gaming. Screen size, viewing angles, contrast/black levels will be bigger&better.
You will however not be able to use FreeSync. This monitor behaves like a regular 75 Hz display with NVidia cards. Response time will be worse compared to your TN.

Associate
Pre-ordered as well. looks like a decent monitor and especially for the price, I am not expecting too much from it but at the very least it should make a good second monitor to have youtube on while gaming.

Associate
I have this on pre-order, but does anyone have any opinions on this versus the BENQ GW2765HT?

BenQ GW2765HT
-------------------
(+) PPI will be higher as its 27 v the 32 AOC.
(+) IPS panel will be better than the MVA panel for colour accuracy? even though its a lot older?
(-) about 70 pounds more expensive.

AOC Q3279VWF
------------------
(+) 75hz better than the BenQs 60hz. I have a 1050ti.
(+) Is there any advantage to this monitor being newer tech even though its MVA? the BenQ panel is from 2014.
(-) blue tinge issue? still wondering if this is even such an issue. I will mainly be doing general computer work, occasional gaming.

Anyone own the Benq? I am not too bothered about 27 v 32 but a higher PPI might have been nicer.

Appreciate any thoughts!

Thanks

Soldato
IPS- generally poor blacks, and uneven backlight. 1440p 27" is fine too, and I suppose a 27" is more "usable"

Blue tinge could be corrected with blue adjust, or is it in the colour decoder? Or maybe through a ICC profile of a calibrated 3279?

Associate
I looked at the exact Benq (but dont own it), especially when it bounced down in price to £260. However, decided on the AOC because 3 years is along time in screen tech, plus the AOC was cheaper despite it still having HDMI 1.4 not 2.

Why does the AOC have an audio in? Should this be audio out ( to external speakers). OR am I missing that is has speakers?

Any news on stock receipts from OC on this yet?

Back
Top Bottom