Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Caporegime
I finished this last night and I didn't think any of it was racist? What character are people moaning about?

Could be Blazkowicz's dad? He seems to have some choice words about our coloured friends.

He doesn't seem to like gays either, or animals, or Jews, or women.

Seems like an all round nice bloke.

Caporegime
I must admit I had some problems with that bit, they just keep coming :(

In the end I just sat in cover and picked them off because trying to fight them head on is only going to end one way.

Soldato
Glad I'm not the only one who feels the difficulty is a bit "off". I tried the trial and enjoyed it but even on the 2nd easiest difficulty I seemed to die very fast if I was in a firefight with more than 2 enemies.

Caporegime
As you gain more perks it gets easier

I found stealth to be quite important and I'm playing it on Billy Terror difficulty.

LOL at the guy who didn't notice a racist character!

Caporegime
Game is surprisingly long if you do all the extra ubercommander missions.

Which are a handy reason to go back to get all the collectables as well.

Unfortunately I wasted about 14 enigma codes because I didn't have a clue how to use the machine at first. Now I need about 20 more enigma codes to unlock 4 final missions, but am nearing the end of the campaign.

Excellent game though, even if the story is absolutely nuts.

Soldato
Just finished the main story, excellent game. Brilliant storyline, superb characters and some genuinely impressive in-game character moments like Max Hass showing off his paintings. Well worth exploring the sub between missions and letting those conversations and interactions play out.

I still have all the Uberkommandant missions to do, although they become available during the story it didn't feel like there was ever a "right time" to do them because you're being pushed on to do the next story mission instead. A bit of character-driven downtime would have been nice to get a few out the way and reap the benefits towards the end of having all of the contraptions available, for example. Still it means I've got lots of gameplay left.

I also have the Episode Zero DLC to play, and I'll probably pick up the season pass soon as I believe the first full DLC episode gets released in a few weeks.

Soldato
I'm a noob gamer at shooters and I didn't find the difficulty too challenging. In fact I rather enjoyed some of the more difficult sections as, even though it was tricky, I found it played so well it was always a fair game. And I improved considerably.

Shame it's not online so I can see how rubbish I really am! :D

Soldato
Yes, but:

Try to put yourself in the shoes of someone who would be in that position, you'd probably be as sceptical of a person relating to Nazi's as her. And, the game addresses this explicitly, when the German woman fights back.

Back
Top Bottom