**** The Official OnePlus 5 Thread ****

Associate
Enjoying the smoothness and clean look of the 5T so far, all boxes ticked at the moment!

Yeah unfortunately it did, and no changes made on my end, it gradually just started lagging and freezing on it's own peril.

That's ridiculous. I think one of the best things about the 5T is how stock it feels. I can't imagine having to deal with all the bloat of the S8.

Ah ****, maybe I'll stick. You guys aren't helping the indecisiveness!

Associate
It's one of the main reasons i'm going back to OP for Oxygen OS it's pure Android with very useful tweaks and no bloat.
It's only after trying other phones you realise how good it is.

Soldato
It is a worry. Just can't decide. V30 caught my eye but worried about the screen which is the same as pixel 2xl which has problems. May check out HTC , especially now Google have bought them!

I saw the Pixel 2XL in store the other day and was shocked how awful the screen was, I don't understand how they think software will fix that, it's clearly a hardware issue!

Also I couldn't justify spending an extra £300 just for a Pixel 2 XL in comparison to the OP5.

To be honest if it doesn't work out with the OP5 I will look at the V30 or U11+. As far as I'm concerned until I hear more praise and acknowledgement that Samsung have sorted out their software I won't be touching another Samsung device.

That's ridiculous. I think one of the best things about the 5T is how stock it feels. I can't imagine having to deal with all the bloat of the S8.

Ah ****, maybe I'll stick. You guys aren't helping the indecisiveness!

To be honest there is not much bloat on the S8, but it's more their software optimization which ruins it. Having said this there are users who have no issues with software with the Samsung so idk, but for me the different in overall experience is night and day between the two.

Soldato
Enoying mine so far. Did have a weird issue (guess it wouldn't be a Oneplus device if that wasn't the case) when I first connected it to my BT homehub. Android system notification popped up saying i needed to login to get online, would tap on it and would see a system brower loading up URL from the homehub. But the app would just close off and vanish and the notification re-appeared.

Got around it taking a screenshot of the URL and using Chrome manually to go through the BT homehub links. Apart from that enjoying it, still got to try and use the camera and see how it goes.

Caporegime
Unfortunately the camera on this is a complete no go, just looks terrible compared to other phones, even the likes of the 5x/6p and gs 7 cameras, especially in low light :(

Has anyone got decent comparisons of the google app with HDR+ running compared to stock camera app?

Associate
Not liking all the negative camera talk. I am still waiting for mine but It's one thing I was hoping would be ok. As long as it's on par with my Nexus 5 in HDR mode I will be ok with it.

Soldato
I had a play with the 5T today and it was incredibly quick compared to my G4, I would so buy it but that camera left a lot to be desired :( Trying some comparison shots my G4 fared just as well, perhaps better :confused:

The search continues

Soldato
I've been looking into the camera situation and it's still bothering me. A high spec 2014 camera isn't good enough.. 2016 however is. Just how much of an improvement can updates and software make to the cameras? I'm not all that clued up with it.

Associate
I'm always amazed by the number of people who dismiss a phone on its camera alone. I guess I'm fortunate that I only take maybe a couple of pictures a week so as long as a camera isn't mediocre it's fine by me. Side by side there's no way I'd take a Pixel 2 over a 5T (or a Note 8 or a V30) but I guess if you guys take a ton of pictures then it's the only choice in terms of smartphones.

Soldato
The pixel 2 blue shift bothers me more than a camera. So that being said I'd have 2 other options if the camera is truly horrific.

Option 1 stick with my S7e abit longer wait for new releases
Option 2 get a pixel 1 xl

The u11+ looks pretty good and would be the next in line but wanted the more stock feel. The LG screen is having similar issues so will rule that out

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom