The iOS11 Thread

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

That's fine then if they do under the hood changes but I see no mentioning of things for other phones only the iPhone X.
Apple are very terse with their release notes, but in reality each update probably has hundreds of minor bug fixes.

Soldato
Currently running 11.2 public beta 4. Not had this issue with my 6S (with any IOS 11 flavours). Have you tried a factory reset/restore?
Yep, tried on numerous occasions, both phone and iTunes variants of restore. Nothing. Tried using the phone as new for a few hours too, still does it.

Commissario
I finally updated from whatever version of iOS 10 I was on to the latest version of 11. My iPhone 7 battery life is noticeably worse than when I was on iOS 10 sadly :(

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I finally updated from whatever version of iOS 10 I was on to the latest version of 11. My iPhone 7 battery life is noticeably worse than when I was on iOS 10 sadly :(
The first few days are brutal as the phone re-indexes everything and the CPU takes a big hit.

Soldato
I’ve had no real issues with 11. My iPad Pro had choppy animations but that got fixed in 11.1 and my X and iPad has the it to I.T bug.

People have to realise the 6 only has 1GB RAM and the CPU and GPU are barely better than the 5S but with a bigger screen.

Soldato
Can someone with an iPad test something for me?

Prior to 11.1, I’m pretty sure YouTube videos would continue to play smoothly while in the task switcher view. Now in 11.1 they're really choppy (regardless of the quality of the video). It does it on a 9.7” iPad Pro and a 2nd gen 12.9” so I’m assuming it’s not just me (?)

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Can someone with an iPad test something for me?

Prior to 11.1, I’m pretty sure YouTube videos would continue to play smoothly while in the task switcher view. Now in 11.1 they're really choppy (regardless of the quality of the video). It does it on a 9.7” iPad Pro and a 2nd gen 12.9” so I’m assuming it’s not just me (?)

Choppy on my 9.7" Pro. Not sure how it was before 11.1 tho.

Last edited:
Soldato
Would anyone else like to see a sleeker volume option? I hate that pressing the volume up/down button makes that ugly square box appear in the middle of the screen, I’d much prefer a slim bar at the top/bottom of the screen, it just sucks.

It takes up too much room.

A63DF1B8-8427-48A6-9C91-E3C71CC60A68.png

Also, can anyone recommend a reliable alarm? I want one that tells me how many hours left until the alarm goes off like you get with Android.

Soldato
OP
I agree. People have been bitching about the native volume rocker on the Apple Forums for ages.

So many apps already override it for a much better experience. Surprised they didn’t alter it for ios11

Man of Honour
Would anyone else like to see a sleeker volume option? I hate that pressing the volume up/down button makes that ugly square box appear in the middle of the screen, I’d much prefer a slim bar at the top/bottom of the screen, it just sucks.
Yeah, it's annoying, especially for shorter videos.

Soldato
FYI if anyone else is having freezing/crashing issues with the iPhone 6S, then the 11.2 beta public release 4 seems to resolve it. Had no problems with my phone in the last 6 hours or so. :)

Soldato
OP
Is anyone else getting lots of really weird autocorrects?

I keep having words in the middle of sentences capitalised for no reason whatsoever. Lots of different words too, I can't think why they may be autocorrected.

Man of Honour
Only one I've noticed is the word 'work' where it insists on capitalising the W. It annoys me because every time I see it I think of that stupid Rihanna song.

Back
Top Bottom