Cockpit Combat Game Showdown

Associate
Hi All

Apart from Elite Dangerous which i already have, but not yet played it in VR. Which cockpit combat type games do you recommend. I am particularly interested in Everspace and Valkyrie:Warzone. Do any of you have those and if so which is the best one of the two. Also are there any others out there I have missed (Even non-space combat) and do any of them support joysticks.

thanks

:D

Permabanned
VTOL is a very nice early access flight sim. Interesting as it uses a virtual joystick.

DCS and IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad are 2 heavy weights.

Associate
I see there's a couple of different versions of Elite on Steam. For someone who's never played Elite before which is the best one to pick up that is VR compatible?

Caporegime
Hi All

Apart from Elite Dangerous which i already have, but not yet played it in VR. Which cockpit combat type games do you recommend. I am particularly interested in Everspace and Valkyrie:Warzone. Do any of you have those and if so which is the best one of the two. Also are there any others out there I have missed (Even non-space combat) and do any of them support joysticks.

thanks

:D

Enjoying the Rift then? :D

Soldato
X-Rebirth offers up the best Arcade space blasting action. Elite is a very different thing with a hotas, but for a stand up blaster X owns it with motion controller flight. Look up House of the Dying Sun, Starway Fleet, and if you must Everspace.

Everspace might be a great game, but it just doesn't click in VR imo.

Soldato
I see there's a couple of different versions of Elite on Steam. For someone who's never played Elite before which is the best one to pick up that is VR compatible?

Elite Dangerous is the base game.
Elite Dangerous : Horizons is the DLC which allows for multicrew, planetary landings, engineers and a few other bits.
Elite Dangerous Commander Deluxe Edition contains both of the above and has a few skins and bits thrown in.

I would wait until it's on sale again though, usually you can get the base game plus horizons for a little over £20 and I will 99.9% guarantee that it'll be on sale again before xmas.

Associate
OP
Don't make me come over there and slap you!!! You need to go play Elite in VR now.
I know....I need to clear some space (or get a new (Bigger) drive for my games). So much to try and play in VR at the moment....not got the time to do it all. Maybe I will re-install Elite over the Christmas period. :)

Back
Top Bottom