AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Associate
I looked at the exact Benq (but dont own it), especially when it bounced down in price to £260. However, decided on the AOC because 3 years is along time in screen tech, plus the AOC was cheaper despite it still having HDMI 1.4 not 2.

Why does the AOC have an audio in? Should this be audio out ( to external speakers). OR am I missing that is has speakers?

Any news on stock receipts from OC on this yet?

Not sure if I am breaking any rules here, but I spoke to a another shop and they confirmed to me that they currently hold the stock for the monitor but that they can't release it yet because AOC have not confirmed the date they can do this. I am not sure if OCUK is in a similar situation. My pre order is still with OCUK.

OcUK Staff
Not sure if I am breaking any rules here, but I spoke to a another shop and they confirmed to me that they currently hold the stock for the monitor but that they can't release it yet because AOC have not confirmed the date they can do this. I am not sure if OCUK is in a similar situation. My pre order is still with OCUK.

I work with AOC directly, there is no NDA or rules regarding selling this monitor. So if they had stock they could sell it and ship today.

Speaking with AOC today, they informed me there has being a logistic problem and out of the 3000 coming to the UK that now only 500 will come early December all of which will come to OcUK and the rest will follow later in the month to competitors.

I trust my guy at AOC, so trust this to be the case and to my knowledge no promotional stock has shipped yet.

What this competitor might mean is they have some stock purchased at old pricing and are requesting support from AOC to be able to sell it below cost without making a loss, thats the only explanation I can think off.

OcUK Staff
How many do you recon you’ve sold @Gibbo, l’m hoping to be one of the 500 :p

Nearly 200 now, it is very popular as it does 75Hz on both NV and AMD GPU's. Supports FREESYNC on AMD and is just a great gaming panel, perfect size and resolution for gaming really and there is nothing else around £200 with this specification and the excellent warranty and service that AOC supply for 3 years. :)

Associate
I think i'm going to grab one of these for the time being, need to upgrade from a 10 year old samsung syncmaster (an amazing B grade overclockers deal!)

I would love to spend out some money on a decent screen but the amount of dice rolling that seems to be going on is ridiculous

RJC

RJC

Don
Wouldn't surprise me if the lot sold out, or at least close to it. An excellent deal.

Just seen Gibbo’s reply, hopefully in with a chance :)

Nearly 200 now, it is very popular as it does 75Hz on both NV and AMD GPU's. Supports FREESYNC on AMD and is just a great gaming panel, perfect size and resolution for gaming really and there is nothing else around £200 with this specification and the excellent warranty and service that AOC supply for 3 years. :)

Thanks Gibbo, just need a GPU later to take a advantage of the 75hz (not sure if onboard will cope)

Associate
I work with AOC directly, there is no NDA or rules regarding selling this monitor. So if they had stock they could sell it and ship today.

Speaking with AOC today, they informed me there has being a logistic problem and out of the 3000 coming to the UK that now only 500 will come early December all of which will come to OcUK and the rest will follow later in the month to competitors.

I trust my guy at AOC, so trust this to be the case and to my knowledge no promotional stock has shipped yet.

What this competitor might mean is they have some stock purchased at old pricing and are requesting support from AOC to be able to sell it below cost without making a loss, thats the only explanation I can think off.

Ordered based on the above early December arrival

Soldato

200 sold, 500 coming, I'm liking those odds of getting mine in the next week or 2 :D

Associate
I don't think AOC is holding back any European shop from selling the monitors that are in stock.

The monitor has already been on sale in Switzerland and in the Netherlands (there are user reviews on tweakers.net)..

Associate
I've been using my new HDR TV a lot which uses a VA panel and it made be realise how dull my IPS monitor is. Initially started looking at 27" 1440p monitors, but none are available with VA panels, and I hate TN panels more than IPS.

Then I found this. It's bigger than what I wanted, but having just grabbed the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Special Edition at £85, it's given me more space on the desk, so decided to order it anyway. Bigger, higher res, higher refresh rate and a VA panel compared to my current monitor and for the price, I felt I'd be stupid not to. :D

Just hope I've got within the first 500 coming to OcUK, that was the decider for where to get it from. :)

OcUK Staff
I've been using my new HDR TV a lot which uses a VA panel and it made be realise how dull my IPS monitor is. Initially started looking at 27" 1440p monitors, but none are available with VA panels, and I hate TN panels more than IPS.

Then I found this. It's bigger than what I wanted, but having just grabbed the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Special Edition at £85, it's given me more space on the desk, so decided to order it anyway. Bigger, higher res, higher refresh rate and a VA panel compared to my current monitor and for the price, I felt I'd be stupid not to. :D

Just hope I've got within the first 500 coming to OcUK, that was the decider for where to get it from. :)

Yes we've sold less than 250 so far, so still another 250+ to go. :)

Associate
These are still on offer and I have an important question to ask!

Just bought a 1070Ti on the BF deal so want to start playing in 1440p.

Currently have the AOC 2460pg G-sync monitor. Its been great, but is only 1080.

Am i going to miss GSYNC and thw 144hz refresh rate? Is it going to be glaringly obvious to me?

27" would be a sweet spot for me, but we're talking 500 sheets for a decent GSYNC alternative.

Help.

Associate
Just cancelled my order with Amazon and ordered with you on the back of earlier post, lets hope this is delivered soon as cant wait.

Associate
These are still on offer and I have an important question to ask!

Just bought a 1070Ti on the BF deal so want to start playing in 1440p.

Currently have the AOC 2460pg G-sync monitor. Its been great, but is only 1080.

Am i going to miss GSYNC and thw 144hz refresh rate? Is it going to be glaringly obvious to me?

27" would be a sweet spot for me, but we're talking 500 sheets for a decent GSYNC alternative.

Help.

You could try turning off G-sync and dropping your refresh rate, or capping FPS to 75 Hz and see how it feels?

Back
Top Bottom