AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Associate
These are still on offer and I have an important question to ask!

Just bought a 1070Ti on the BF deal so want to start playing in 1440p.

Currently have the AOC 2460pg G-sync monitor. Its been great, but is only 1080.

Am i going to miss GSYNC and thw 144hz refresh rate? Is it going to be glaringly obvious to me?

27" would be a sweet spot for me, but we're talking 500 sheets for a decent GSYNC alternative.

Help.
I would prefer 144hz/1080p G-Sync to 75hz/1440p. But it does depend on which games you play, if you play a lot of fast-paced FPS games the difference will be more noticeable.

Associate
I would prefer 144hz/1080p G-Sync to 75hz/1440p. But it does depend on which games you play, if you play a lot of fast-paced FPS games the difference will be more noticeable.

I pretty much play just FPS (PUBG CSGO etc).... it's a great deal, but i've got an inkling i'll "notice". Might just have to save my pennies...... but it is cheap. urgh....

Associate
@Gibbo, Or Anyone - Does anyone know the height of this monitor from base to the top.
I have a space in my mancave but I have a feeling I won't fit. I have seen the specs but they appear to be wrong.
I might have do some DIY, to support it if it's is to big. Diy is not my strong point!LOL

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Quite tempted to get this to hook the One X up to. Should be a decent upgrade to the 3yr old 32" 1080p Samsung TV. My only issue is audio and the convenience of having a TV remote, don't really want the hassle of having to get up to adjust the volume when watching Netflix and the like hmmmmm

Soldato
Yes it includes the stand. Note that I said ~535mm. These measurements are not exact as some monitors sit marginally lower on the stand than others and it depends at which point along the width you measure it plus the tilt angle. But it sounds like it should fit your space.

Associate
How would this be for PS4 Pro, for example obviously 4k cant be reached, but would it be scaled to 1440p on say for example Cod WW2 and would it be at a 16:9 ratio?. Dont know if these are nooby questions but im really tempted and going to ring up tomorrow to ask about stock and if im in the 500 then im ordering.

Also any links to 4k monitors for gaming? 27-32inch and roughly priced upto £350? or is that asking too much for the price

One last thing, any recommendations for speakers for the monitor?

Last edited:
Associate
I’ve ordered ***elsewhere*** based upon the positive comments this monitor has been getting on here. However thinking of switching to an order from here if earlier delivery is guaranteed. I see it was confirmed earlier on the 23rd that delivery would be within 1-2 weeks? ***Other retailers*** are showing 20th December or are unable to confirm a delivery date. Is it an expected delivery date of circa 7th? Thanks.

Please read the rules regarding competitors.
Thanks,
Armageus

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom