New Gaming 7 Recieved - Is This Normal?

Man of Honour
It wasn't boxed at all other than the parcel it came in? that isn't normal even with OEM, etc. for a retail board it should be fully boxed and with accessories. If you are talking about the bag itself that is normal.

Associate
OP
No. Sorry should have clarified. Was in box it's just wrapped using selatape that has been cut using what looks like off a roll with a jagged cutting piece like what you'd have at home and taped over like it's already been opened. I could be wrong that's why I'm asking. Previous motherboards were wrapped a lot neater.

K thanks Rroff. Will just put it down to my paranoia.

Last edited:
Soldato
Both my original AX370 K7 and replacement K7 was packaged like that, so it's normal, at least for Gigabyte. Think my brother's Gaming 3 was like that too if I remember correctly.

Associate
OP
Cheers guys, alleviated my fears. Be looking to build tomorrow and it being my first gigabyte build-won over by this site's praises for customer service offered. Just didn't like the fact it was out of stock then 1 appeared suddenly followed by sent notification! As always this place is a wealth of knowledge.

Soldato
I'd guess it's a dsr return or something similar, as the antistatic bag looks a bit iffy.

If it's working fine though then whatever. I'd guess you paid a bit less for it than the going rate?

Back
Top Bottom