• iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
Been offered an Iphone 8+ 256gb for £55 a month on contract which is a pretty nice deal.......I think it is anyway, is that good? I dont want Iphone X as dont like Face ID

Questions:

1) Whats O2 like as a network - any good?
2) Whats all day bat life like ?
3) Whats a good 'wallet' case? (I like to take my phone with my credit cards in an no wallet)

Soldato
Been offered an Iphone 8+ 256gb for £55 a month on contract which is a pretty nice deal.......I think it is anyway, is that good? I dont want Iphone X as dont like Face ID

Questions:

1) Whats O2 like as a network - any good?
2) Whats all day bat life like ?
3) Whats a good 'wallet' case? (I like to take my phone with my credit cards in an no wallet)

Anyone ?

Soldato

Never been with 02 so cant comment but battery life on my 8 plus is fantastic, much much better than previous iPhone models. I didn’t use my phone much yesterday but it was off charge from 5am and by 6pm it was still on 92%, battery management is a lot better.

Can’t comment on the wallet case either, I have an ultra thin case on mine which is great, slim and sleek and adds no bulk to the phone.

Caporegime
I am looking to upgrade to an 8 from my 6S, what steps do I have to do again on my existing phone before I upgrade so it's removed from my devices etc?

I've forgot from the last time I had to do it and messed it up, lol.

Soldato
Do an iCloud backup
Disable find my iphone, sign out of itunes store, deauthorize for purchases
Restore backup on new iPhone (if you want)
Go into iCloud settings on new phone, click on your old phone, and select 'remove from account'
Reset old phone

Going to android you need to disable iMessage as well but moving iPhones not necessary.

My first direct banking app needed my old 'secure key' to transfer it to a new phone, so I set my phone up before I reset the old one. Not sure if you have any apps that need the same sort of thing though but probably a good idea not to wipe your old one until you;ve got everything on the new one!

Soldato
to my cost, i found the absolute best way to switch is to do an icloud backup and then also a backup via itunes. do the restore from itunes backup. the icloud backup is just a fail-safe.

the problem with icloud is that it is not an encrypted backup so imagine my horror when i realised all 12 of my google authenticator 2fa apps were not restored.

as the itunes backup is encrypted many more things get restored than you would expect.

Associate
In a bit of a pickle. Moving to iPhone from Android and wondering whether to go for iPhone 7 32gb for £425 after discount or the 8 64gb for £610 after discount.

Is the 8 worth the extra £190 ish?

Associate
If you already had the 7 then I would say no but as you are moving from Android, I would go for the 8.

Yeah couple others have said the same so going to go for that. Dropped to £670 as well but currently out of stock which is annoying!

Soldato
Haha nah you’re alright thanks. Get 10% cash back and have a £25 voucher for this one.

Where you ordering from? I know Very have been doing discounts lately, they had the 8 plus down from £799 to £749 a week ago and is now £779. iPhone 8 is £679.

Associate
Where you ordering from? I know Very have been doing discounts lately, they had the 8 plus down from £799 to £749 a week ago and is now £779. iPhone 8 is £679.

I've ordered it through Currys now they had it for £669 with a £25 voucher and 10% cash back so works to be about £580 afterwards.

Soldato
I've ordered it through Currys now they had it for £669 with a £25 voucher and 10% cash back so works to be about £580 afterwards.
Good luck with the cashback.

I'm still waiting for my Macbook Pro from last Xmas when they were offering 10% cashback on laptops...

If it hasn't tracked at the right amount then make sure you query it asap

Associate
Good luck with the cashback.

I'm still waiting for my Macbook Pro from last Xmas when they were offering 10% cashback on laptops...

If it hasn't tracked at the right amount then make sure you query it asap

Who did you get your cash back from if you don't mind me asking?

Also any tips in advance for moving from Android to iPhone?

Soldato
Who did you get your cash back from if you don't mind me asking?

Also any tips in advance for moving from Android to iPhone?
Quidco, who have been very good normally.

Hmmm, not sure how up to speed you are with iOS but there's a Move to iOS android app which will help get your data and accounts onto the new phone.

If you like a swipe keyboard then they are available now on iPhone. Other than that iOS is so simple I can't imagine you would have any issues really!

Associate
Quidco, who have been very good normally.

Hmmm, not sure how up to speed you are with iOS but there's a Move to iOS android app which will help get your data and accounts onto the new phone.

If you like a swipe keyboard then they are available now on iPhone. Other than that iOS is so simple I can't imagine you would have any issues really!

Ah ok, I got mine through my bank so hopefully all will be good!

And I’ve got an iPad Pro so should be fine. Will probably just set the iPhone up from scratch and install only the apps I actually use haha

Associate
Anyone having problems with their screen when they use the camera? My screen stays black. But I can still take a photo and see it on the bottom left of the screen, but I actually can’t see what I am shooting (hope it makes sense)

Back
Top Bottom