Folding@home News 24th - 31st August

Soldato
Hi all

Sorry for the lack of news last week, I didn't have time to look into the issue, I'm going to focus now on redoing the the news completely so it is more stable and can account for large numbers. One of the advantages of it currently having a mind of it's own is that it appears to have fixed itself, and next week should be back to full with the increase included as well.

http://www.team10news.co.uk/news310817.htm

Man of Honour
FYi anyone who is interested, running in Power Saving mode RX Vega 64 is about the same performance as a Nvidia 1080, maybe a smidgen under. If run at balanced or high power mode it could probably beat it, but not worth it for the power usage.

Soldato
OP
Hi all, quick update, not had time to completely rewrite the news unfortunately, and the web server on my NAS has packed in, I've logged a call with the NAS support, so basically apologies I've not forgotten about the news, just real life getting in the way as always :p

Man of Honour
no worries mate, we'll be here when you get back.

Is it a synology? If so I could host it on mine if you don't get any luck with support.

Man of Honour
Yes I added another to my Folding farm, well I had to make up for the loss in output while I help out with the Boinc stuff :)

Soldato
OP
Hi guys, sorry for the delay on this, support for my NAS was basically no help, they tried a couple of things then said to reinitialise the whole thing which I can't do right now. My 970 died which is why I haven't been folding for a while, I've got an RMA replacement now but my whole house is being rewired next week so I won't be folding for a while (new boiler installed last week!). I'm still hoping to rewrite the news scripts, maybe over Christmas when work will be quiet.

Back
Top Bottom