Apps opening maximised on pc boot/restart even when set not to.

Associate
No idea why ive recently started getting this problem, because only thing ive changed recently is installing a 1080ti and asus Gpu tweak.
When i turn my pc on and it boots into desktop, most of my app that are meant to run in the background will open fully maximised which makes my boot times seem a lot longer.
Now for example i just turned my pc on, two chrome browsers opened, Corsair Link, Asus GPU Tweak 2, steam and battle.net.
Chrome should never start on its own, and the other apps are set to just load in the background minimised.
Any idea why i cant seem to change this?

Soldato
Funnily I've just started having the same issue. Stuff that's not even set to start on boot up are opening up! Thought it might have been to do with windows fast boot but I disabled that and still having the problem.

Associate
OP
Its not even a massive thing but because i know its doing it, driving me crazy now lol.
I double checked it was on a full startup as well as a restart too.
I dont want chrome open at all, and my other apps to load quietly in the background out of the way, tried everything

Associate
This is a windows feature believe it or not if you have outlook open or some other productivity application when you shut down your pc windows believes you want it open when you next turn on and voila: seems to have happened since the latest anniversary update and I cannot find a way to turn it off - very annoying.

Back
Top Bottom