Best bang for buck motherboard and ram to go with 1700x?

Associate
What is the best bang for buck motherboard and 16GB ram to go with a 1700x? I don’t want to pay premium prices for diminishing returns (a stable combo that I can do bog standard overclock with will do fine; I won’t be trying to push it to its limits or anything).

That said if there is a motherboard or ram that is worth paying the premium for due to lack of issues then I’ll happily pay it.

Not sure if it is worth mentioning but there will only ever be 1 GPU.

Thanks!

Associate
this is a nice motherboard and ram combo, the motherboard you have also selected is popular with a lot off people as with gigabyte theres a vendor in forums

in terms off cooler it depends on space in your case, a lot go for the aio coolers now days

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £360.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

heres an aio cooler as example

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £114.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)​

Associate
OP
My case is one of those old school Corsair ones. Can't remember the name but it's huge, without a window and lives under the stairs. The bonus is the components don't have to look good/match or be quiet :)

Is the 3200 ram worth the extra £40? Admittedly this could have changed but I read people were having issues and for an easy life you may as well just go 3000?

What are the advantages of the gaming 5 over the 3? Haven't changed cpu since the 2600k so apologies I'm out of the loop :D

Soldato
With no problems I have the 3200 8 pack ram running at 3466 c15.

It is also stable at 3333 c14.

Both using simple profiles / docp settings built into motherboard. The results do depend on ram, motherboard and IMC.

Back
Top Bottom