*** The official Apple Watch Strap/Band Thread ***

Soldato
I don't like straps that don't seem to join the watch, like the ones that have two loops on the watch and then that strap seems to clip onto those. So I pick one that seem more part of the watch, hard to explain but the below is exactly how I like them to join the watch body and my current choice.

Soldato
Awaiting my Apple Watch still, but due to Amazon Prime, my watch straps arrived this morning.

Jisoncase Apple Watch Strap 42mm Genuine Brown Vintage Leather Strap

£15.90 at time of purchase, can be found here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jisoncase®-Replacement-Bracelet-Adapters-JS-AW4-06A20-Vintage-Brown-Check-Size-Before-Ordering/dp/B010Q1QFBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509191753&sr=8-1&keywords=jisoncase+vintage+leather+watch+strap

Below are some close up pictures of the the brown Jisoncase strap with stitching detail. This is my favourite of the two so far. Once I have my watch I will post fitted pictures. I prefer the design of the clasp aswell on this one over the rounder design on the Simpeak.

Apple Watch 42mm straps by James Baker, on Flickr

Once I have had my watch and got used to it, I will want to invest in some better straps but I dont think you can go wrong with a couple of cheaper straps to help me decide what better ones I want to get colour and design wise.

Glad you like it! I am really pleased with mine. For £15 you really can't go wrong... :)

I wanted to try the Apple equivalent but every time I've been into the store then don't have any leather straps to try on (only sport band, nylon, milanese loop).

Just ordered the simpeak space grey metal one which Feek posted.

Associate
Genuine Apple Sport Band Soft White 42mm
2nd most common used colour by me for my existing watches so expect this to get some use. I find it awkward to do up at first but slowly getting used to it.

Untitled by James Baker, on Flickr

Simpeak Apple Watch Strap 42mm Genuine Black Leather Strap
I dont often have a call for a black strap, but when I do this one will fit the bill:

Jisoncase Apple Watch Strap 42mm Genuine Brown Vintage Leather Strap

My favourite of the three and the one I plan to use most:

Last edited:
Soldato
Simpeak space grey (black) metal from Amazon. As already said, it has a nice weight to it and quality feel.

38006881262_bb54680ca4_z.jpg

37984318636_0250cb10a9_z.jpg

37328920534_098e9ccdd5_z.jpg

Commissario
OP
My search for the perfect NATO style strap continues.

I ordered this from the NATO Strap Co. along with this set of adapters from Amazon.

It only took a week to get the strap which I thought was very good.

The light makes the stripes look very bright on these first couple of pictures - It's not, it's a definite grey colour as can be seen on the next shots.

grwDyKm.jpeg

8bjniSQ.jpeg

hazfPGT.jpeg

aQ2YmaT.jpeg

Xz9Fodf.jpeg

I could tell as soon as I opened it that I haven't got the perfect NATO style strap. The short side is too long because on a NATO, the buckle is supposed to sit fairly close to the watch itself, on the edge of the wrist. This is probably the best I've found, at least the long side is a decent length and can fold back on itself how it's supposed to but it's still not right.

Commissario
OP
I found another NATO style strap, this time one which looked better online from Roobaya in Germany. It wasn't cheap at £49 from Amazon but I thought it was worth a punt.

It was shipped via UPS and arrived this morning. I opened the package to find a very nice looking box.
xMtArMy.jpeg

Inside the box...
gFv76JH.jpeg

Looking very good - Long side is quite long and the short side nice and short...
vx2FdpQ.jpeg

Here it is fitted to the watch. I had to go with black adapters because they didn't have any space grey in stock but that doesn't matter.
pm8Wdy3.jpeg

Bdj1v17.jpeg

It's great that the short side is nice and short, the buckle sits in exactly the right place, along the edge of my wrist, not the underside.

However there are some issues.
fesWpxm.jpeg

m4rEQbd.jpeg

The long side isn't quite long enough, it doesn't fold back in as far as I'd expect. The inside of the strap against my wrist is quite scratchy and uncomfortable and there really aren't enough holes for a fine adjustment.

And the 'keeper' on the long side is utterly useless. I don't know why it's there, it's just all horrible and sticking out.

If this had been a tenner, I'd have kept it but for £49, I expect far better than this. It's going back, not recommended.

Soldato
Juuk Black Friday sales are live, just ordered my Ligero finally down from $129 to $90.

If you buy from the store they're doing a referral program now, so please stick my name and Paypal address (in spoilers) in the 'Note To Seller' section of the Cart before you go to the Checkout!

** removed - referral links are not allowed **

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Damn that Roobaya was looking promising @Feek, although the extra keeper I guess is to keep in look with your standard Nato strap?

Trying to pick one at the moment and I was nearly sold on that until your last comments, although have read that taking a nail file to the itchy areas can solve for these types of straps, its a pity as most have the short side in the complete wrong place as you've said.

Commissario
OP
When I opened the box and looked at the strap I was quite excited but once I wore it, that feeling very quickly wore off. I'd already decided that if I kept it, I'd remove the odd keeper because that was just unnecessary but everything else added up to a naff product.

They were really good for the return, provided a pre-paid label for it to go back to Germany via UPS. My refund has already been confirmed.

Caporegime
When I opened the box and looked at the strap I was quite excited but once I wore it, that feeling very quickly wore off. I'd already decided that if I kept it, I'd remove the odd keeper because that was just unnecessary but everything else added up to a naff product.

They were really good for the return, provided a pre-paid label for it to go back to Germany via UPS. My refund has already been confirmed.

Have you got a Nato strap that is your favourite to date?

I'm still somewhat tempted by it as they do the best navy+red combo.

Soldato
Well they arrived in the post... no charges yet - might come later but typically I usually have to go and pay at the PO just to get the parcel. Supposed to be an xmas present so no photos yet...

Bought the rose gold 38mm one for my friend. Pretty easy to add/take away links and I was impressed with the tolerances. Perfect colour match and looks really good. Butterfly mechanism is pretty cool too.

Soldato
Finally got to open my silver aluminium Juuk Ligero. Build quality is excellent. The butterfly mechanism is stainless steel and the band the same sort of anodised aluminium Apple use for the watch. Removing links isn't very hard once you've watched the how-to video and apply the right amount of force with the provided tool. The parts are tiny though so do in on a table where you won't lose anything!

Didn't get hit by customs (ships from Singapore). Took 3 links off each side and the fit is perfect.

img_1850-jpg.956723

img_1858-jpg.956719

img_1851-jpg.956725

img_1852-jpg.956724

img_1854-jpg.956722

img_1855-jpg.956721

img_1857-jpg.956720

I imagine it won't be the last one I buy (if I upgrade to a stainless steel series 5/6 or they come out with some different styles in aluminium).

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Picked up a 3-piece silicone band from Amazon.

I also have the official black woven Nike+ band and a knock-off Black Milanese loop and the 3-piece silicone band is lovely for gym/runs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    974.3 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom