What power cable for 2nd hand GPU's?

Associate
Hi All,

I have a Super Flower PSU and I'm really struggling to find power cables for a 2nd hand GPU I've just bought?

I'm fairly sure I'm searching for the wrong thing but cant figure out what I need.

My GPU has 2 x 6 PIN connectors and my SuperFlower PSU has 9 pin (?) outputs (3 rows of 3). I cannot find anything on OCUK or the rainforest that matches. I assume I'm looking for "9 pin to 6+2 PCIE cables" but not finding anything

Help?!?!?

Thank you
Dan

Associate
OP
CA008SF_81105_800x800.jpg

Image added of PSU showing "9 pin" power connectors

Soldato
You won't get a generic cable you'll need to look for Superflower GPU/PCIE cables. Should be some that came with the PSU.

Look for "Superflower Premium Single Sleeved 9-Pin to Dual 8pin PCIE Cable (50cm)"

Andi.

Associate
OP
You won't get a generic cable you'll need to look for Superflower GPU/PCIE cables. Should be some that came with the PSU.

Look for "Superflower Premium Single Sleeved 9-Pin to Dual 8pin PCIE Cable (50cm)"

Andi.

Thanks @andi

Damn got shafted with the proprietary cables! £25 each :(

This confirms for me I may as well run these GPU's (for mining) from a separate PC and PSU.

Associate
contact superflower

Some are better then others with this I had Corsair EU wanting to charge for cable and postage then they switched tune to postage only which was still rip off coming from Netherlands so I then tried US Corsair who sent me few free ones didn't even have to pay for shipping.

I guess you lost the cable because it should have had the correct ones for that connection.

£25 for one cable is very high price if it was a kit I could understand but when it gets into those realms it starts making you think another psu is better option

Man of Honour
Hang on a bit. I think you are getting confused as the 9 pin's are just for the psu end of the cable. That psu should have come with several 6+2 pin pci-e cables which is what you need for a gpu. One end will have the 9 pin connector that plugs into the psu and the other will have a pair of 6+2 pin pci-e cables. You should have a bunch of unused cables somwhere (I always keep my spare cables in the psu's box). Don't go plugging any random cable bought off the internet into the psu as it could have disastrous consequences.

Associate
OP
Hang on a bit. I think you are getting confused as the 9 pin's are just for the psu end of the cable. That psu should have come with several 6+2 pin pci-e cables which is what you need for a gpu. One end will have the 9 pin connector that plugs into the psu and the other will have a pair of 6+2 pin pci-e cables. You should have a bunch of unused cables somwhere (I always keep my spare cables in the psu's box). Don't go plugging any random cable bought off the internet into the psu as it could have disastrous consequences.
contact superflower

Some are better then others with this I had Corsair EU wanting to charge for cable and postage then they switched tune to postage only which was still rip off coming from Netherlands so I then tried US Corsair who sent me few free ones didn't even have to pay for shipping.

I guess you lost the cable because it should have had the correct ones for that connection.

£25 for one cable is very high price if it was a kit I could understand but when it gets into those realms it starts making you think another psu is better option

It appears I only have 4 6+2 pin cables which are all being used at present, I was hoping I had more in the packaging to use. I have kept all spare cables in the box and there are no more PCIE power cables.

Man of Honour
The Superflower Leadex Platinum 1000w should have a dual pci-e 6+2 pin cable plus 4x single pci-e cables giving you the option of running a total of six gpu's. If you are using all of the single 6+2 pin pci-e cables just how many gpu's are you running?

Associate
OP
The Superflower Leadex Platinum 1000w should have a dual pci-e 6+2 pin cable plus 4x single pci-e cables giving you the option of running a total of six gpu's. If you are using all of the single 6+2 pin pci-e cables just how many gpu's are you running?

Just Two GPU's at the moment as not enough cables. I only have the dual pcie cable plus 2 x single which are all in use.

Back
Top Bottom