• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel i5 label on back of cpu?

Associate
I'd be sending that back.

Because of a sticker ???

Definitely this.

8Pack should know better :p

Because of a sticker ?????

No way would I accept that.

Again Because of a sticker ????
O wow that is bad :(

Do you people get upset by everything so trivial ?

Some Isopropyl alcohol would clean that right off.

This man deserves a medal for (quite rightly) pointing out the sodding obvious !

Associate
Sending back over a sticker? Lol.

Surely you clean it off and use it like normal?

If it doesn't work then send it back...

As above.

Why go through the hassle of sending back and then waiting for a new one? Just clean it, see how it behaves in a system and then if it isn't within normal temps then send it back, you've got the photos now to prove it...

Associate
I wouldn't send it back, just ask for a slight refund. Clearly you've paid for something new, but it hasn't arrived quite how it should.

And yes, the sticker is a minor issue (which should come off easily) but it shouldn't happen.

Last edited:
Soldato
A sticker has probably ended up in the box by accident. If the chip looks new and the glue cleans off then there really isn't an issue.

Some people freak out over things that I would personally just deal with and not bother creating such drama.

Associate
A sticker has probably ended up in the box by accident. If the chip looks new and the glue cleans off then there really isn't an issue.

Some people freak out over things that I would personally just deal with and not bother creating such drama.

Its the facebook mentality, "oh noes i spilt my coffee this morning" *picture* *picture* like like like like like.

It's people craving attention for the most mundane of things.

Just to clarify, iv'e bought loads of Tray cpu's over the years and MANY of them would come with a bar code sticker.

After suffering having to peal it off and clean it (you should always clean the heat spreader before cooler installation fyi) the sun did rise in the morning and all was right with the world again.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

FYI, you should raise this in the customer service section if you want staff to review it.

I’m not sure if I could move it there as there are restrictions on that forum but let me know if you want and I’ll try.

Associate
OP

I didn't actually mean to create drama for this! I just asked a legitimate question i had! I've opened a support request just making sure i can send it back if i do clean it so will just wait for them to let me know it's safe for me to go ahead and try!

Thanks all for your input!

FYI, you should raise this in the customer service section if you want staff to review it.

I’m not sure if I could move it there as there are restrictions on that forum but let me know if you want and I’ll try.

Thank you! I'll see how the webticket turns out first!

bru

bru

Soldato
I didn't actually mean to create drama for this! I just asked a legitimate question i had! I've opened a support request just making sure i can send it back if i do clean it so will just wait for them to let me know it's safe for me to go ahead and try!

Thanks all for your input!

Thank you! I'll see how the webticket turns out first!

As was mentioned in one of the other threads on here, there no stupid questions only stupid answers. ;)

Just clean it off and all should be fine.

Soldato
That is a OCUK stock sticker usually they are on the outside of the box, unless they've taken some new people on the Christmas rush who haven't fully understood OCUK's policy's this shouldn't have happened. @Gibbo

Soldato
Because of a sticker ???

Because of a sticker ?????

Again Because of a sticker ????

Do you people get upset by everything so trivial ?

This man deserves a medal for (quite rightly) pointing out the sodding obvious !

I know that shouldn't have happened and I'd be in CS thread saying this is bad but I'd just wipe it off and let my opinion be known, then move on in life.

Back
Top Bottom