Rocket League Tournament

Associate
Would anyone here be interested in playing in an OCUK Rocket League tournament? It would be awesome to have members form teams and participate against each other, at end we could have it streamed and the winner could receive some sort of a prize. Is this something you guys would be interested in?

Associate
OP
Yes, definitely. Are you on the OcUK discord too?
I'm not yet, I have actually not got my PC set up, will do towards the end of December. I was running weekly tournaments and quarterly leagues with playoffs for about a year before this and got my old team itching to run some more tournaments, I can send you a VOD of our last leagues grand final if you're interested.

Associate
For anyone interested, here is the VOD of playoffs of one of the leagues that I ran a while ago.

That looks really well done. I'd be interested to see if i could raise my level playing as part of a team as i appreciate my ranking probably isn't high enough to attract many team mates lol

Associate
OP
That looks really well done. I'd be interested to see if i could raise my level playing as part of a team as i appreciate my ranking probably isn't high enough to attract many team mates lol
I was low diamond about two months ago (last I played). Towards end of December I'm getting my PC back, would be great to play with you.

Associate
I was low diamond about two months ago (last I played). Towards end of December I'm getting my PC back, would be great to play with you.
Defo mate (steam username - lobovski ) is this going to be a 3's tournament or 2's (maybe both) and what process would it be for making up teams?

Associate
OP
Defo mate (steam username - lobovski ) is this going to be a 3's tournament or 2's (maybe both) and what process would it be for making up teams?
It all depends on the interest and how much time people have. If you want to have a small tournament of 8 teams then all you need is 16 players whereas the number goes up to 24 for 3s. Then those 24 players have to find time to play, the more people involved the harder it is to organise stuff, one of the leagues we ran we had 2 groups with 8 teams in each group and with nearly 50 players there were quite a few dropout teams mid-season.

At this point it's just an idea, if it looks like there is interest, which it looks like there is then we can start discussing details and throwing out ideas, maybe taking a few polls to see what the availability of people is and what gamemodes they would be interested in.

Associate
OP
So. What happens next?
Well right now I was just seeing if there was any interest in this. I will have my PC back up in two weeks and then I'm happy to organise a simple tournament and see what the feedback is. If people like it and are interested then we can scale it up and put down some plans for something bigger, maybe even get the OCUK staff involved, all speculation at this point.

Back
Top Bottom