Memory issues - hardware reserved

Associate
I have an AMD APU A10 7870K Black Edition running on a Gigabyte GA-F2A88XN-WIFI mobo. Initially I had 8Gb of Corsair Vengence Ram. After installing a 4GB Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 Gaming graphics card, Dawn of War 3 was reporting only 2.5GB of available memory. I then got a 16GB Corsair Vengence kit, but DoW3 still says there's only 2.5Gb free memory.
Looking in the task manager, it recognises 16GB of RAM, but says that 9.1GB is "hardware reserved"
Any idea what could be taking up this much memory, and how to free up some more?

Thanks

Associate
I had an issue with my amd 5350 / Am1 board using 8GB ram.

Re-seat the ram and reset bios, if this doesnt work, one of your ram slots is busted.

I tried putting in 8GB (2x4) into my g3258 system, and 4.2GB was h/w reserved due to a busted slot.

Associate
OP
So I removed the graphics card and used the onboard graphics, with no effect.
After swaping the memory stick from slot 2 to slot 1, the memory stick shows int the BIOS as detected and enabled, but the stick that worked in slot 1 is detected but does not show as enabled in slot 2.
Replaceing both sticks with the original 8GB kit, the 4GB stick in slot 1 is detected and enabled, while the 5GB stick in slot 2 is detected but again not enabled.

Associate
OP
yep, 64-bit win 10
i just removed the memory stick from slot 1, and left slot 2 occupied, and the board wouldn't even boot as far as the BIOS select screen

Associate
OP
Yeah, appears slot two was broken.
Gigabyte wanted £15 for courier charges to examine the board, but even though it was bought in March 2016, Amazon have supplied a free replacement.
Have rebuilt system with the new mobo (and a larger case) and it seems to be working perfectly.
Cheers

Associate
Got a hold of same board and exactly the same issue, tried different kits and different cpu and all the settings I can find, slot 2 will just not enable, what a pain

Back
Top Bottom