Leeds Night Out

Associate
Hi everyone,

I'm in Leeds City Centre for the next two nights with the missus and I'm looking for some recommendations on good places to drink in the evening.

Tonight we are seeing Kasabian at the First Direct Arena. So looking for places to go before and afterwards where we don't need to be dressed too smartly dressed. Indie/rock type bars or clubs later would be ideal.

On Friday night looking for some nicer bars to have a few drinks in before or after food. Places with decent cocktails for the boss would be good. Planning on eating in either Gauchos or Tattu but open to suggestions if there's somewhere we really should try.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Associate
The Grill on the Square (Blackhouse) if you fancy good steaks - not the cheapest, but good quality.
Nation of shopkeepers for good ale selections and decent food
Almost famous for expensive but delicious gourmet burgers
As above, Alchemist is a good, if a little different, cocktail bar.

Actually Revolution de Cuba is also good for cocktails (and rum)

Soldato
Hi everyone,

I'm in Leeds City Centre for the next two nights with the missus and I'm looking for some recommendations on good places to drink in the evening.

Tonight we are seeing Kasabian at the First Direct Arena. So looking for places to go before and afterwards where we don't need to be dressed too smartly dressed. Indie/rock type bars or clubs later would be ideal.

On Friday night looking for some nicer bars to have a few drinks in before or after food. Places with decent cocktails for the boss would be good. Planning on eating in either Gauchos or Tattu but open to suggestions if there's somewhere we really should try.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Botanist is good for cocktails and is way less rammed than Alchemist usually is.

Gaucho is lovely, but the wine is horrifically over priced.

Other nice palces to drink at are Belgrave, Social Bar or, if you want something that's a bit more of a 'dive bar' kind of thing, Howl.

Soldato
Friend's of Ham is pretty fun. My Leeds-local friends always seem to go there. Personally having spent evenings in Leeds I would steer away from any bars that are pretending to be 'upmarket' as they're most likely just full of carpet-carriers out for a fight. Leeds still seems to have a very small-town vibe, in that respect.

Associate
OP
Cheers guys.

The wife has spoken on the food front and we're booked in at Tattu tomorrow.

Have been to both the Alchemist and Botanist elsewhere but will try one of them tomorrow.

Quick change in the hotel then to find somewhere decent for a few drinks before the gig

Back
Top Bottom