140mm PWM Case Fans

Soldato
Looking to fit two front intake and a top exhaust fan into my Panteks Enthoo Pro M case.

Currently it just has a rear exhaust 140mm PWM fan. Was looking at fitting a further three 140mm PWM fans and controlling via BIOS Q-fan settings.

Not overly concerned with noise as they will only really spin up when gaming and I wear a headset.

Any advice appreciated, was looking at these as a starting point :-

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thre...a-quiet-viper-cool-fan-3-4-pin-bu-003-ak.html

Could spend more if worth it and just really looking to fit and forget once setup.

Soldato
Looking to fit two front intake and a top exhaust fan into my Panteks Enthoo Pro M case.

Currently it just has a rear exhaust 140mm PWM fan. Was looking at fitting a further three 140mm PWM fans and controlling via BIOS Q-fan settings.

Not overly concerned with noise as they will only really spin up when gaming and I wear a headset.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thre...a-quiet-viper-cool-fan-3-4-pin-bu-003-ak.html

Could spend more if worth it and just really looking to fit and forget once setup.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £27.96 (includes shipping: £6.02)​

both on sale, both super quiet so can pretty much run at 80% all the time or 100% if you'd like and not bug others in the room
silent wing has the superior high pressure but is more expensive

Soldato

What fans came in our case new? I ask because originally they were PH-F140SP but Phanteks change to a MP impeller with same motor and housing. Both are good fans, and you can buy extra PH-F140HP fans, but these new no model number fans are not available except in cases.

Don
Here you go a triple pack.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £13.88 (includes shipping: £6.02)

Just bought a pack of these and a pack of the 120mm ones - to replace some rattly old ones that originally came with an Antec 300 case years ago. Have never used PWM before (and only have a single header on the Gigabyte board I was using), so just ran them at maximum to be on the safe side, and they are still only barely noticeable, whilst shifting more air than the old fans ever did.

The rubber fan mounts although awkward to fit, seem to work well (and something of a revelation, as every other fan I have ever fitted has used the old screws)

Soldato
I'm hesitant to buy a fan that does not give me it's pressure rating .. because airflow rating is free airflow. like hanging on stings in a room .. not the way we use them behind a fancy grill and air filter. If they are 1300-1500rpm fans and have a pressure rating of 1.3-1.5mm H2O they can overcome the filter and grill resistance. But if their pressure rating is less than that they can't. Reason is a filter an front grill have aobut 0.3-0.5mm H2O resistance and as fan's pressure rating gets lower the slower it spins . so at about 600rpm we need more than 0.3-0.5mm H2O resistane or fan just spins and moves no air. Static pressure rating is the pressure point the fan stops moving air. ;)

Soldato
Alpenfohn WingBoost 2 have horribly low pressure ratings.
wingboost2_140mm_fan_data.png

Versus a decent fan linke Phanteks P-TC14S cooler fan which is same fan as PH-F140MP in a round housing for coolers. Phanteks has 2-6 times the pressure rating at same rpm.
tc14s_stock_fan_data.png

Thermalbench does good fan reviews too. Here is the airflow and noise level through radiator of several fans. A radiator is similar to grill and filter.
FoO8sMEl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I recently Purchased BeQuiet Silent Wings 3. Runs at 1000rpm, pushes decent amount of air and almost silent in operation. Great thing about them is their construction, was blown away by how premium they feel and on top of that come with really good mounting options.

Soldato
I recently Purchased BeQuiet Silent Wings 3. Runs at 1000rpm, pushes decent amount of air and almost silent in operation. Great thing about them is their construction, was blown away by how premium they feel and on top of that come with really good mounting options.
be quiet! Silent Wings 3 are very good fans.

Back
Top Bottom