*** Zelda: Breath of the Wild ***

fez

fez

Caporegime
Downloading DLC part 2 as a type. I started playing through a second time on hard mode but I didn't get more than a few hours in. There were other games to play and I had spent A LOT of time on my first play through so I don't think I have really got the will to do it again.

Soldato
Nice that dlc 2 is here, will wait and here a few general thoughts on the amount of content before jumping in and buying I think, the trailer left me thinking it's not as substantial as I had hoped? Wanted Zelda: blood and wine ;)

Soldato
OP
Nice that dlc 2 is here, will wait and here a few general thoughts on the amount of content before jumping in and buying I think, the trailer left me thinking it's not as substantial as I had hoped? Wanted Zelda: blood and wine ;)

I'm liking it so far, more Zelda never a bad thing. You need to have beaten the devine beasts to do the core mission.

I don't think 15 quid is too much for the amount of content across both packs. Keep in mind that you may not see a new Zelda for some years so make the most of this one.

Soldato
I meant alternating between releasing a 2D game and a 3D game on the same system now that they no longer have 2 different systems.
Ohh sorry ;)

Both would be.. interesting! But I would also just be happy with more ports of the old games. Windwaker hd is stunning, would love that on switch

Associate
It took me longer than expected to do the Master Trials :o. I think because I haven't played for a little while I had to get a feel of the combat again, great fun though!.

I didn't care much for the other content added in DLC 1, though it was fun hunting down all the new items. It took me like 20 mins to discover how to get to the Medallion location.

Hows the dlc? Was expecting this thread to get new life with its arrival :D

I just finished it tonight.

Although I found it underwhelming in some respects and kinda just more of the same, it takes some of the best aspects of the main game and puts new twists and variations on them. There's some nice new ideas to mix things up abit and some great new puzzles. There was some interesting and amusing additional backstory stuff, and I had some fun with the reward at the end :D.
The worst part is I've got that feeling once more that it's all over, and I'm left wanting more... again :(.

While playing the DLC I did come across the last Talus I needed to kill for my 3rd Medal of Honor!, which was lucky. It was one I had chosen to ignore before as I didn't know about the medals at the time.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Personally I wasn't that impressed with DLC2. Felt really lazy and I didn't think the puzzles were very good. None of them were remotely challenging and it felt like a grind for most of it.

Re-using bosses and locations, no new areas per se and I just didn't really feel like I would have missed out if I hadn't played the DLC

I really wish they had taken you back to hyrule before it fell into disrepair and allowed your to explore it like that. It would have been a lot of work on their part though I guess.

Soldato
I agree I had heard this too and seems a bit lazy when you look at what horizon and the witcher churned out as dlc.

Was expecting something more on that scale, personally

Back
Top Bottom