• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Titan V announced £2700 15TF 12nm Volta

Permabanned
Everyone has their habits and what they find fun.
I’d people can afford it and enjoy it, let them I say. Not hurting anyone. ^_^
Thats they one. I just hate when people get Jelly cause someone got more money or whatever them.

People like that should stop whining and work twards what they want not look on what someone else got simple :)

Soldato
https://www.nvidia.co.uk/titan/titan-v/

Capture.jpg

At £2700 that's making your Titan Xp look cheap. On sale now.

Limited to 2 per customer though . . . :D

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1213...dia-titan-v-video-card-gv100-for-3000-dollars

For gaming looks very disappointing, 15TF single precision vs 12.1 of the Titan Xp.

Massive increase in double precision though, and of course addition of tensor cores, so looks like a return to the Titan's roots of being a massively capable compute device plus the addition of AI and machine learning.

What is the power use? That's all that matters today :)

Caporegime
I doubt many review sites will get one of these cards, with the titan z and its daft price it wasn't "sampled" either. This is a good chunk of change above that.

Man of Honour
Thats they one. I just hate when people get Jelly cause someone got more money or whatever them.

People like that should stop whining and work twards what they want not look on what someone else got simple :)

Back in like 2008 or 2009 or so when I used to spend a lot more on hardware and more often than I do now I had two people from these forums add me on MSN (quickly blocked) to gripe about my spending - wish I still had logs as it was seriously vindictive and small minded.

Soldato
I've way more than £2700 sitting in my PC upgrades account due to the relative stagnation in hardware lately - can't see myself buying one of these though unless the gaming performance turns out to be somehow way more than the increase in TF suggests.

Same here. I upgrade every 3-4 years usually unless something wonderful arrives. My CPU is fine at my resolution.
Just waiting on a new GPU.

All depends on performance

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yeah you get all sorts playing video games - one of the guys I played Quake 3 with owned a chain of shops in the US and was worth at least single digit millions probably more - like Kaap was always buying the latest GPUs reminds me a lot in the way he comes across and buying habits LOL.
There is a poster on here who is a multi millionaire from a lottery win...about 13m from when he last told me, probably has much more now. He still regularly plays COD. Hes been on here a good few years.

Soldato
Money does not change what one likes doing. Lets say I'd win a lottery... Sure id buy a house few cars ect.. But would that stop me from Enjoying going raving every weekend and gaming ?? Nope id just do it on a bigger scale. Shiet id pobobly had my own club and let smaller DJ's play as I like their sets more than big names that play same stuff all the time :/

No it doesn't change it, you're right. But it's all relative. You're basically paying 50% over the odds simply to have the fastest GPU for gaming with compute capability that you'll never utilise. In my honest opinion, that is the very definition of impulsive e-peen purchasing.

Still, kudos for those daft enough. Get some benchmarks done.

Soldato
There is a poster on here who is a multi millionaire from a lottery win...about 13m from when he last told me, probably has much more now. He still regularly plays COD. Hes been on here a good few years.

I wouldn't spend this kind of money on a graphics card even if I won 13 billion.

Associate
Why do so many people on an enthusiast forum have an opinion about how much a member spends on their hardware?

I'm looking forward to seeing the benchmarks!

Man of Honour
No you didn't, You got people not agreeing with you and when you called people haters, People who also own Titans might I add, They told you to grow up, Stop crying because people have a different opinion.

Not true

IIRC you were full of abuse and TTL had to tell you to cool it. The funny part is I have not even said if I will get one lol.

This is not the first time you have had something to say about my buying decisions and I don't think it will be the last. You really should ask yourself why that is.

Anyway this is all I am going to say on the subject.

Soldato
Why do so many people on an enthusiast forum have an opinion about how much a member spends on their hardware?

Why do people have opinions? ..
Well **** me, I think I'm actually stumped... Yeah you got me.

Caporegime

It's fairly simple, look at AMD prices, once people were willing to pay above RRP when someone prices it above RRP, every retail store follows and raises their pricing and then no one can get an AMD card at a fair price. If that one idiot who started it refuses to buy at an inflated price, the retailer who tried raising prices puts the price back down and seeing one retailer fail to make sales at inflated prices.... other retailers don't put up their pricing and now everyone gets their AMD card cheaper.

This is no different to Nvidia or AMD setting their own pricing. When Nvidia sold a normal higher end gpu as a Titan and upped the price by what, around 50% the first time around, if everyone roundly ignored it then Nvidia would have dropped pricing back to normal and not raised the price of subsequent cards, when idiots go hey, I can realise what is fair and profitable for the company to sell that at but I'm going to pay a premium because I can't look two weeks into the future and realise the consequences.... Nvidia decide that it will sell at that price and that it will be the new price point. What happened when Nvidia tried to sell a dual Titan card and increased the realistic price from the ~$1700 price it 'should' have sold at for two x Titans at that point (with significantly lowered clocks, worse thermal performance, etc) and simply said hey, lets see if dumb dumbs will pay $3000 for this... finally consumers said go **** yourself. Within a couple of months the price was slashed to $2000 and it still sold very poorly. That is what is supposed to happen. Someone prices something up way beyond any reasonable pricing level the consumer says no thanks, the company (be that hardware vendor or retailer) learns from their mistake and puts the pricing down.

When people brainlessly pay more for no reason they EFFECT ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE AND ALL FUTURE PRODUCT PRICING. So yeah, there is a very good reason why people don't want people to put no thought into it and just agree to higher pricing for no reason, because it's bad for everyone including themselves.

THink about it this way, if Titan pricing had been laughed at and the product ignored till pricing dropped from $1100 or something to $700 again, then the Titan Z might have launched at $1300 and it would have been a viable and good option for many people. By paying $1100 for the initial Titan those same people screwed themselves directly when Titan Z pricing was announced. By refusing to pay Titan Z pricing, the consumer made sure the next TItan didn't massively increase in price again.

If you pay more each time, the company will return your 'loyalty' by continually increasing prices right up till you stop buying at which point they'll immediately reduce pricing. The consumer establishes pricing, the consumer does not have to pay whatever the company wants, the company will respond to sales with pricing changes. Every time you over pay massively you hurt not only every other customer but also yourself. When you pay increased pricing for no reason you will eventually price yourself out of the market as well.

Back
Top Bottom